Can'e reconnect hoses

/ Can'e reconnect hoses #11  
Re: Can\'e reconnect hoses

Those hydraulic cylinders are always full of oil, either up or down. The problem with hooking attachments is usually a problem with the attachments, mainly due to temp differential.

/ Can'e reconnect hoses #12  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I put my snow blade away in the far rear of the shed, untouched by snow this winter. Murphy now says that we'll have a blizzard next week, when it will be a P.I.T.A. to retrieve the blade /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Arrrrggghhhh!!! Can you believe it? It's actually snowing here in NC tonight. I can always depend on Murphy...

/ Can'e reconnect hoses #13  

normally that is true the cylinders are full of oil either when up or down, but I wasn't talking about disconnecting the lifting arm cylinders while it is lifted up, what I was talking about was when you jiggle the quick attach lever with the machine turned off it opens the valve and lets the oil that is pressurized in the quick attach or the attachment bleed back to the tank. With the lifting arms raised when you jiggle the quick attach lever you not only let the pressurised oil return to the tank but gravity will allow some of the oil in the hoses to run back to the tank giving extra room to prevent any pressure build up. So far this method hasn't failed to work for me , but the next time I have to disconnect and reconnect it probably will give me a hassel but I hope it don't.