Mowing New wheels for the mower deck

/ New wheels for the mower deck #1  

pequeajim

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425
I am one a many who has had the problems with the wheels on the mower deck breaking the seal on their rims.

I called Scott up at PT and he sent me replacements.

Attachments

• 623822-Bad Mower Wheel.JPG
    623822-Bad Mower Wheel.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 307
   / New wheels for the mower deck
Here is a pic of the new wheel. It is a soft composite rubber and hold up great! I put them on and immediatly went out and cut my grass! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 623825-New Mower Wheel.JPG
    623825-New Mower Wheel.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 303
Here's the new and old side by side.

Attachments

• 623827-New Old Mower Wheels.JPG
    623827-New Old Mower Wheels.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 313
And here they are mounted on my mower deck.

Attachments

• 623829-New Wheels on Mower.JPG
    623829-New Wheels on Mower.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 270
   / New wheels for the mower deck #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am one a many who has had the problems with the 60" wheels on the 60" mower deck breaking the 60" seal on their 60" rims. )</font>

<font color="red"> Perhaps because you haven't Reversed the Wheels on your PT!!

I'll bet that most of the owners having mower deck problems also have OEM positioned wheels on their PT!!

Actually, I have Reversed Wheels on my PT-425, and, although they are not 60", I have never had a problem with the wheels on the 60" mower deck that I don't have!! I have also not had any wheel problems with my MiniHoe, due, I am sure, to the aforementioned Reversed Wheels!! I thought I had a wheel problem with my Grapple Bucket, but I was wrong, it was just a tooth ache!!

PS: This reply should have been posted 4/1/5, but could not be, due to your not posting the problem until 4/8/5!! Next year please be more considerate, and post earlier!! Thanks!! </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ New wheels for the mower deck #6  
WHAT in the heck are you talking about.

14, did you take your meds this morning?? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think we're on a different subject. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ New wheels for the mower deck #8  
14...are you getting a lot of sun down there??? Perhaps a hat is in order! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Most amusing....is/was this a problem mainly with the 60" decks??...have not had it happen yet with the 48" deck.

/ New wheels for the mower deck #9  
You're cutting grass already!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You're cutting grass already!!?? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )</font>

Yeah... Can you believe it? In fact, the grass was a lot higher than I thought so if I had waited a few more days, I would have been in trouble /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I only cut once last year at the end of the season when I bought the tractor (just because I wanted to try it out), so it was fun to get out and do some mindless work again this year.

The wheels seem to be working great! The old ones came off the rims after a few acres of cutting. I was looking all over for non-pneumatic replacements and figured I would give Terry a call just in case. He was very accommodating.