Skid Steer Adapter Adapter

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #11  
If you get this going, there is a company here in the Kansas City area that claims to have "budget" skid steer attachments. PowerTrac does not offer some of them and some of them appear to be useful. I'm not familiar with them but I could go look at something if you needed me to do that.

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter
Thanks. I'll keep it in mind. Actually, I don't need anything in particular at this point. I just wanted to be ready in case a true bargain comes along -- and it was fun working with Bubenberg and Steve Fisher to build the adapter.

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #13  
On the 422, there are kind of two separate circuits. The super clean is the wheel circuit. It does pick up its fluid from the common tank and then runs it through the hydraulic filter.
The separation is not complete of course. I believe that the fluid in the wheel circuit mostly recirculates within this circuit with over flow going back into the tank. The other circuits are not as clean and not as critical. The main critical component is the wheel circuit variable displacement pump.
There is a diagram in the srevice training manual
Bob Ripley

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #14  
Service training manual??? Hmmm. Dint know there was such a thing -- the "owners manual" I got is basically an exploded parts diagram. what is the collective wisdom regarding the service training manuals -- any good?

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #15  
They gave it to me when I took the class on the day that I bought the tractor. It was free, so the cost to benefit ratio is right.

I always buy the service manual for my cars and trucks, this is a firm policy. If I can't afford the manual, then I cannot afford the vehicle.

Bob Rip

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #16  
Bob,

Is this manual something more than the "owner's manual" that's really nothing more than a partial parts list and some hydraulic hose layout diagrams? If so, I've gotta get one!

Gravy

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #17  
Gravy,
The table of contents is as follows:
General Overview
Hydraulic - This is a general description of how the hydraulics work.
Plumbing Diagrams - Hydraulic line and devices schematic with parts list
Electrical Schematic
Parking brake description
Articulation and structure
Service bulletins

I think it is useful.
The offical title is "Power Trac Service Training Manual"

Bob Rip

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #18  
That definitely sounds more useful than the owner's manual. I'll have to get in touch with Scott.

Thanks,

Dave

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #19  
Me too! My "intro to PowerTrac" lasted 1 minute as the guy backed it off the trailor. He turned it off and skedaddled. That's ok, says I. I'll read the manual and all will be explained.

A few minutes later... Ulp! I'd read the whole manual, knew the names/numbers on the parts list, but had not a clue about how the thing worked. I sure was glad you guys have been posting all these years -- it's what got the PT into the garage.

Scott's gonna get another call. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #20  
I think the manual will help a little bit, but it is still written by the same people. The chapters are very short. Good luck, and keep asking questions.

Bob Rip