Skid Steer Adapter Adapter

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #1  

Charlie_Iliff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II
They told me, see, that there's a nearly inexhaustable supply of servicable small Bobcat attachments, and someone has a buddy who can pick them up for me for nearly nothing. So, in preparation, starting with a PT adapter plate and an ATI Quick-Tach, Bubenberg's prototype constructer Steve Fisher put together the adapter adapter. It's been done before on a 1445, which would be even better than my 1845 because of greater lift capacity. But now, I'm ready. And as soon as they find the scrap of paper with the number of the guy whose buddy can get the attachments for nearly nothing, I'll be right there to pick them up.

Attachments

• 631611-P1010023.JPG
    631611-P1010023.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 650
   / Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #2  
What a monster. Now if that scrap of paper is lost ??? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
PJ

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #3  
As soon as they find the scrap of paper with the number of the guy whose buddy can get the attachments for nearly nothing and you pick them up we hope you will post pictures of everything you picked up for nearly nothing. Also, may I suggest a hydraulic cylinder for your adapter adapter's latch mechanism and maybe an electric diverter so that you can have a quick attach quick attach adapter adapter?

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter
<font color="red"> a quick attach quick attach adapter adapter?
</font>
Brilliant. Why didn't I think of that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The PT quick attach is easier, and I think a little more positive than the Bobcat type skid steer attachment. (You lurking Gatorboy? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) The Bobcat hitch has become the standard, however, and certainly beats any three-point type front or rear system. Other than that guy who has thebuddy with the contacts to get the cheap implements, the adapter will let me occasionally rent a skid steer implement, or try one out before welding a PT plate on it.

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #6  
Yeah, the Bobcat has become the standard and it is much, much better than a 3PT.

Front mount rules! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #7  
I was wondering about the hydraulics? Are the fittings and pressure the same for skid-steer attachments as they are for the PT ones?

Or... (drum-roll) do you need some inter-connecting connecting connectors to go with your quick attach quick attach adapter adapter? (cymbol-crash)

The 1845, has the pto flow of the smaller skid steers. Probably need some coupler adapter adapter couplers, however.

/ Skid Steer Adapter Adapter #9  
What shall we call the separate oil separator thingy that isolates the cruddy rental hydraulic fluid from PT's super clean fluid? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sedgewood

<font color="red">What shall we call the separate oil separator thingy that isolates the cruddy rental hydraulic fluid from PT's super clean fluid? </font>

Good point. Since I will be changing to the Amsoil, I'll not want further contamination. If I ever rent anything, I'll have to cobble up a pump and some connectors to fill a rental implement with liquid money. Dang you, Sedgewood, now I can't claim it as an <font color="brown"> unanticipated </font> expense.