Ordered my PT425!!!

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> WOW, that is great news. Another PowerTrac owner.
Keep us informed of pickup and what you do from a touring standpoint in the Tazewell area.
Projects lined up? PICTURES PLEASE </font>

I'll do that, however I don't plan on doing any touring of the Tazewell area as I did some of that when I received the demo. It will be a quick in and out this time. Its approximately 800 miles from the Kansas City area to Tazewell, probably about 75 miles further (and an hour quicker) by interstate. I'll have to brush up on my HTML so I can post story and pictures on my web site and create links to them from forum posts.

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> Don't forget to get the treadle springs. No cost, easy to put in or take out. BIG difference in my quality-of-control.

And welcome to the group!!

Phil </font>

Thanks, Phil! Scott didn't mention anything about treadle springs. Is that something I should try first and then buy if I need them or go ahead and buy them up front?

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> Congratulations! Take Mrs. Gray's advice and play around in an open area for a while to get used to it. You'll really enjoy it. </font>

Thanks! I plan on taking her advice and doing some brush hogging around the farm. The ponds will be the last thing I do!

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> trailer hitch adapter is super as it is, but you'll probably think of other things to put in the receiver. I am trying to get an edger made for mine--like PT's but made from 2" box tube, angled and fitted with a disc at the end.

How are you going to stand the wait? At least you'll get it soon, though. When I ordered mine around this time last year, they had already sold out, and I had to wait until July. What agony that was! </font>

Thanks! I agree that the hitch adapter has many possibilities, the edger is a good idea. Maybe you or I could start a thread on that. So far I plan on buying or building a SUV 48" cargo carrier just for carrying stuff around the yard for various landscaping jobs, I plan to add some type of tool carrying capability to it. I've also thought of adding two more receiver hitches, one on each corner, to make a fork type of lift. I also did not purchase a boom thinking that it would be a simple matter to attach a boom to the receiver hitch. It might not be as heavy duty as PowerTrac's but it would meet my needs.

I'm really glad I don't have to wait too long. I was lucky to get them as quick as I did!

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> Congrats!
These machines sure are stout! </font>

Thanks! I can't wait to match my PT425's pulling power with my brothers Polaris Sportsman 700! Somehow I don't think it will be a contest!

/ Ordered my PT425!!! #16  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( <font color="blue"> I can't wait to match my PT425's pulling power with my brothers Polaris Sportsman 700! Somehow I don't think it will be a contest! )</font>

<font color="red"> If it is, just pick his 700 up with your forks!!

Wise move!! The only regret will be that you didn't buy one sooner!!

I wouldn't bother with buying a spare tire, but I would go for the Bar Tires!!

PS: Don't forget to reverse the Stump Cutter blade, and, of course, the wheels!!
</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ordered my PT425!!! #17  
Congrats on the purchase..wish I had the 4 in 1 too!! As for the springs...I would suggest you try them out esp. if you have large areas of less than perfect ground......helps to control the "treadle hop" that happens as your foot bounces with the PT, just makes for a smoother ride but if you don't care for them they come off very easily and they are no cost. Seems they run out of tractors and accessories this time each year...business must be good!

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> PS: Don't forget to reverse the Stump Cutter blade, and, of course, the wheels!! </font>

Hm, PowerTrac's web site does show the stump cutter throwing the debris back at the tractor. I would expect the stump cutter blade to turn CW and throw debris away from the tractor! I'm surprised there isn't a shield around the cutter as there is on most of the HD stump cutters I've seen tree people use.

I may end up with another set of tires. I plan on using the turf friendly tires for some business activity so I definitely need them. PowerTrac's Scott told me that I'd be surprised with the traction I will get with the turf tires. Where I coujld get into trouble with them is doing food plot work where I"m pulling fairly heavy equipment. I'm wondering if ATV wheels and tires might not work on the PT425. The biggest difference I've seen is the PT425 has 5 lug wheels and ATVs seem to all have 4 lug wheels. I haven't checked but there might be an adapter of some kind available through automotive channels.

/ Ordered my PT425!!!
<font color="blue"> As for the springs...I would suggest you try them out esp. if you have large areas of less than perfect ground......helps to control the "treadle hop" that happens as your foot bounces with the PT, just makes for a smoother ride but if you don't care for them they come off very easily and they are no cost. </font>

Thanks!

I do have large areas with rough ground that I'll be rough mowing. I'll be disking food plots so that will also be a factor. Phils and you have convinced me to do this so I'm going to email Scott and ask him to include them on my order.

/ Ordered my PT425!!! #20  
I have the turf tires and have had no problems. I think you will find they will work in almost all situations. Try them for about a year and if you feel you need another set of bar tires for special work then that is the time to buy.
PJ