HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #1  

BAGTIC

Silver Member
Does anyone have any experience with the hydraulic power shears? How do they work? What size PT?

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #2  
Sorry, no experience here. I am hoping someone on the board will get one and do a writeup. The shears haven't been available very long..
They are listed as for the 8 and 12 series machines, so presumably the 425, 1230 as well as 1845 and 1850. I think someone posted that PT is working on one for the big machines.

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #3  
Hello;

You lost me with Hydraulic Power Shears. Arn't all the shears Hydraulic? I need to find a list of manufacturers so I can check prices.
thanks, nicholas

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #4  
Welcome to the Power Trac forum. You may not have noticed that you were replying to a seven year old post. Don't worry about it - this is a friendly bunch, but if you have a question about hydraulic shears, you will probably do better to start a new thread.

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #5  
Hello;

You lost me with Hydraulic Power Shears. Arn't all the shears Hydraulic? I need to find a list of manufacturers so I can check prices.
thanks, nicholas

The 10 ton tree shears from PT, are about $3200

or

Make your own.

Attachments

• tree-shear.jpg
    tree-shear.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 198
  • PT-1445 001.jpg
    PT-1445 001.jpg
    853.3 KB · Views: 211
   / HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #6  
Hello Mr. J J :

What machine are the black shears mounted on? Regarding the preuning shear. How long and what dia. is the pole that the shear mounts to.
\
I guess both of those shears are Power Trac?

Thanks, nicholas

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #7  
The shears are mounted to a PT, maybe a 425

I would say about 3 in round 1 ft long into a 2 ft, 4 in square tube.

I made the red shear using part of a subsoiler blade.

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #8  
Hello Mr. J. J.

Are you happy with your PT Shears? Any problems? Any downside? Would you please check your Owners Informaaation Packet and see if you can provide me with a phone number for the PT Shear manufacturer. For the last three days I have not been anle to access their Web Site.
Thank you very much, nicholas

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #9  
Power and internet service in most of Virginia have been down since Friday. Phone is 1-800-THE-YARD. They may not be open for business for another day or two. Hope that helps.

/ HYDRAULIC POWER SHEARS #10  
PT doesn't seem to be back on line from the storm.

I don't have the PT shear, so can't comment.

I forget which one of the PT guys has one.

I made my shear for less than $300 .

You just need two metal parts closing together using a hyd cyl and sharpen either one of both cutting edges.