Mowing 48" mower too narrow?

/ 48" mower too narrow? #1  

BAGTIC

Silver Member
48\" mower too narrow?

I think I may have outsmarted myself when I bought the 48 inch mower for my 425. At the time I thought it would be easier to get through gates and in other tight places. After being here three months I have discovered that all the wooden fences and gateposts will need to be replaced anyway and all the trees and shrubs are far enough from the barbed wire fences to pass a 60 inch mower.

The 48" mows fast enough for me (I have nothing but time) but I can see where another 6 inches of mower on each side would stick out far enough so that I could get closer to the walls and barbed wire without crowding my tires. The extra width would make it easier and faster to mow the fence rows aand even allow me to get under the bottom stranda little ways.

/ 48" mower too narrow? #2  
Re: 48\" mower too narrow?

i have to agree with you on that . the only quetsion i had when i was buying my mower was would it cut on my hillside . so i gambled that it would work with the 60'' mower and have been very pleased i almost got the 48'' but glad i opted for the 60 '' since as you already know the 48'' does crowd the tires when getting close to houses and fences and other objects not easliy moved out of way . if i had of gone with the 48'' i guess it would give me a reason to build a weed eater type of attachment to get up close to those areas that would be crowded by the tires .