Power Washer For Power Trac

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
I have been looking at power washers and thought it would be nice to have one that runs off my PT422. Does this seem like a reasonable option? Maybe Power Trac is listening and will make one. I really don't want to own another engine. I figure for maintenance 5 small gasoline engines is about equivalent to one small child.

Bob Rip

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #2  
<font color="red"> Like you, I didn't want another engine to maintain, so I recently bought a Karcher 1600psi pressure washer new on ebay for $120 delivered. Just add water and electric!!

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font>

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
<font color="red"> Like you, I didn't want another engine to maintain, so I recently bought a Karcher 1600psi pressure washer new on ebay for $120 delivered. Just add water and electric!!

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font> )</font>
I agree with the Karcher recommendation -- my neighbor has one that I borrowed and used. I was so pleased (at that price) that I bought the Husky brand sold by Home Depot -- which I do NOT recommend. The Karcher is much better... and about the same price. You don't need 2,000 - 3,000 PSI for almost all tasks, and the lower pressures will actually do less potential damage to paint, wood, etc.

/ Power Washer For Power Trac
I looked at the Karcher and with your recommendations I think that is what I will get.

Thanks,

Bob Rip

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #5  
Meijer (Midwest grocery & everything store) also sells the Karcher. I too bought and really like the 1600 psi Karcher washer. I got mine on a super Saturday sale for $99

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #6  
By the way they do make PTO power washers. I came across them the other day looking for something else on the web, but I can't seem to find it anymore. The one I saw ran off a 540 PTO which won't help you, but might be a start. It also had a 100 gallon or larger tank for water, which made it completely portable.

Tim

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The one I saw ran off a 540 PTO which won't help you, but might be a start. It also had a 100 gallon or larger tank for water )</font>

<font color="red"> Bet that wasn't $99!!!!

PS: I only paid $90 for my 1600, but $30 more for S&H!!

</font>

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #8  
They do, look under Lo-Trac eq. They have unit with and without tank. Not $99, but good quality hydraulic driven. Work good.
EB

/ Power Washer For Power Trac
I bought the Karcher. It works well enough for my purposes and I like the automatic start when you sweeze the trigger. The gasoline ones don't do that. After rewiring my neighbors pool pump, fixing a leak in the pool plumbing, and digging his pond, I am pretty sure he will loan me his gasoline power washer if I really need it.

Thanks for all of the comments,

Bob Rip

/ Power Washer For Power Trac #10  
Couldn't find the power washer on the lo trac site, but man, look at the specs on these things...

Lo Trac web site.

Unit weighs 11,000 pounds and is rated to lift 10,000 pounds, but can lift over 13,000 pounds!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

They show one unit lifting an identical unit! Awsome machines! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif