Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today...

/ Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today... #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
... and thanked Scott for doing the legwork to figure out what my PT package was worth.

A friend is pulling my Kubota and trailer up from Tennessee next week, and is going to swing by Tazewell and pick them up on his way. Interesting phenomenon -- since I ordered from out of state, having someone pick it up for me, instead of picking it up myself, I pay neither sales tax nor shipping. That savings, alone, will likely pay much of my friend's fuel bill for making the trip...

/ Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today... #2  
so basically, if I could have fast talked one of you guys iwho live close to Tazewell nto meeting me in Tazewell, pulling my trailer into the factory, we could have switched the trailer to my truck once we were out of sight around the corner, and I could have saved $800 shipping.

I almost drove down to Tazewell to pick up my PT422 (12 hours each way), but the $500 sales tax vs $800 S&H didn't really make much sense.

/ Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today... #3  
The minihoe is my favorite attachment. Once you get the hang of it, it is very productive. I dug the foundation for my new shed with it.

/ Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( so basically, if I could have fast talked one of you guys iwho live close to Tazewell nto meeting me in Tazewell, pulling my trailer into the factory, we could have switched the trailer to my truck once we were out of sight around the corner, and I could have saved $800 shipping.

I almost drove down to Tazewell to pick up my PT422 (12 hours each way), but the $500 sales tax vs $800 S&H didn't really make much sense. )</font>

That might've worked -- as long as you could avoid the temptation to go to the factory yourself... could you have stood on a hilltop, watching with binoculars, while someone else picked up your PT? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm not sure I could have...

/ Ordered my grapple bucket and mini-hoe today...
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The minihoe is my favorite attachment. Once you get the hang of it, it is very productive. I dug the foundation for my new shed with it. )</font>

Your pictures helped convince me to bite the bullet and do it. I really NEED only the grapple bucket now, but I WANT the mini-hoe... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Your pictures in addition to pajoube's showed that you can do some pretty significant work with one...

I rationalized that I could use it now to put in some storm drains from my gutters now, before I take the PT down to Tennessee. I'm sure it'll come in handy there, later, but for right now, I'm still dealing with brush...

Hopefully, the difference between my 9" bucket and your 12" bucket won't be THAT huge...