Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Default Re: To ROPS or not to ROPS

Although I do not have a ROPS, I do agree it is a prudent/wise thing to have. I need low access to fruit trees so I decided not to go with the roof and due to this I do not wear the seat belt so I can "eject" myself quickly if need be. I am not advocating this practice and am very aware of the risks involved...however, I have often wondered what it would take to tip/roll my PT. It must take some very drastic grades and wrong turns made on said grades to do this? I say this as we have barely a level spot on our property and while I have "3 wheeled" myself many times on hill sides I have never felt like I was going to tip. I will stop and back myself out of any situation I am not comfortable with.
    If diamonds are a woman's best friend then why does man's best friend like to drink from the toilet??

Tractor
    John Deer 650

ROPS for a JD 650.

Has anyone designed a ROPS for JD 650?
    I could have used one last Fall when New England had a freak snow storm on 10/31/2011. The oaks still had leaves on the trees. I was out plowing- maybe 8-10" on the ground. This was my first winter on tractor. Fortunately I had not yet learn how to keep the tire chains tight. They fell off one tire for the third time. While I was on my knees putting the chains back on, a 3 " oak log fell from 20 feet up and landed on the tractor seat- fortunately the FEL steel prevented any tractor damage.

So I would like to get a ROPS for my JD 650 but have not found a design yet. With the backhoe off the tractor ( 1000 pounds), I cannot carry anything in the FEL without either a 300 pound weight on the # pt hitch or the York rake. Going down hill without the weight, the tractor wants to roll over the front wheel.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Tractor
    John Deere

Quote Originally Posted by jimdereynier View Post
    ROPS for a JD 650.

Has anyone designed a ROPS for JD 650?
    I could have used one last Fall when New England had a freak snow storm on 10/31/2011. The oaks still had leaves on the trees. I was out plowing- maybe 8-10" on the ground. This was my first winter on tractor. Fortunately I had not yet learn how to keep the tire chains tight. They fell off one tire for the third time. While I was on my knees putting the chains back on, a 3 " oak log fell from 20 feet up and landed on the tractor seat- fortunately the FEL steel prevented any tractor damage.

So I would like to get a ROPS for my JD 650 but have not found a design yet. With the backhoe off the tractor ( 1000 pounds), I cannot carry anything in the FEL without either a 300 pound weight on the # pt hitch or the York rake. Going down hill without the weight, the tractor wants to roll over the front wheel.
    Check with your dealer... http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/j...ml#post1243315

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123