Electrical Problems

/ Electrical Problems #11  
<font color="red"> The green wire in the harness looses power when the PT is turned tight to the left, I think that wire has come apart inside. We are going to run a jumper wire tonight to see if that is the problem. I will let you know. </font>

I had that happen with one of the wires in the 14 conducter cord through the tunnel of my 1845. I wonder if PT is buying seconds. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sedgewood

/ Electrical Problems #12  
<font color="red"> I had that happen with one of the wires in the 14 conducter cord through the tunnel of my 1845. I wonder if PT is buying seconds. </font>
I don't think it's a matter of low quality. The wires seem average for the application. My problem has been the plethora of tab connectors and wire lengths which don't leave any slack. I've only had a couple of failures, but they have been diagnostic challenges and hard to reach to put on new ends.

/ Electrical Problems
We found the problem, all of you that have the cable operated treadle might want to check this. There is an "L" shaped bracket mounted in the floor of the tunnel that holds the treadle cable. The wire harness had a hole rubbed in it from that bracket, and when the tractor was turned hard to the left the green ingition wire was shorting out, which could have caused a fire. We put loom around the wire and split a hose and wire tied it around the bracket, hyd. hoses also run by this bracket.

/ Electrical Problems #14  
Good snooping. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

You should call PT with this find, just so they know about it and get it fixed.

/ Electrical Problems #16  
Future Power Trac owlers everywhere thank you. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Electrical Problems #17  
MossRoad,

Does this potential problem apply to our old PT-425s?

Kent

/ Electrical Problems #18  
DOH! You are correct. The new one's don't have the cable... MINE DOES!!!! YIKES! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll have to check that. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Electrical Problems #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( DOH! You are correct. The new one's don't have the cable... MINE DOES!!!! YIKES! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'll have to check that. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>
That's what I thought -- but I wasn't sure...