Tired of flats myself

/ Tired of flats myself #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Inspired by Sedgewood's example, and YAFOMPTM (Yet Another Flat On My Power Trac Mower), I decided to address this problem once and for all (I hope). After an exhaustive search, I discovered the tires in the Attachment. I ordered...they arrived three days later. I'll try them this weekend. $30 + $6 shipping per tire/wheel. Not too bad. Carefree Tire

Attachments

• 731866-Wheel 1.JPG
    731866-Wheel 1.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 287
   / Tired of flats myself
Another Pic.

Attachments

• 731867-Wheel 2.JPG
    731867-Wheel 2.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 249
   / Tired of flats myself
Yes, they are for the mower. I think most PT finish mowers use a tire size commonly called 4.10/3.50. These are usually 10.x inches diameter. I ordered the 4" centered hub with 5/8" bearing. This will fit the 425 finish mower.

/ Tired of flats myself #7  
Is this a solid tire??

If it is, why not exchange your tire with PT for free? I have posted this on TBN many times and there are still people going out and buy ing something that PT will send you for free.

Am I missing something here? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Tired of flats myself #8  
Will they do this on a four year old attachment?

Bob Rip

/ Tired of flats myself #9  
I think the exchange is only done a) for mowers which are still under warranty, AND b) the owner can somehow verify/document chronic, ongoing problems with the tires rolling off their rims. You send the defective tires/wheels to PT and they replace with airless units.

I don't believe that flatting per se even on a regular basis, qualifies for an exchange, but I could stand corrected on this.

/ Tired of flats myself #10  
I stand corrected as you're probably right with that point. Especially with a 4 year old mower deck.

Well at least you have found a solution to the problem. My solid tires while a little more bouncy, never give me any problems, you will love them!