Bronze Member
    Tractor
    PT 425

Default Sickle mower

I think I have seen this discussion before, but does anyone know of a sickle mower attachment for PTs? I have been using a PT rotary mower, but keep breaking it on stumps and rocks hidden in high grass. The dust kicked up by the rotary mower is also a big problem since I have as much exposed dirt as grass and it has been very dry for the past few months.
    -Tim

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Default Re: Sickle mower

Not that I know of but this company makes hydraulic driven ones for traditional tractors, that possible could be adapted.

Bush Whacker

Also make boom mowers, BTW...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    PT 425

I was thinking more along the lines of the front mounted type such as the one from BCS. BCS Sickle Mower They don't give any details about how to hook it up to the motor. Somewhere, can't remember where, I came across a front mounted SBM attachment that had a hydraulic motor already attached.
    -Tim

Tractor
    Power Trac PT 425

Don't overlook flail mowers either. They'll give a cut as nice as a finish mower, yet survive encounters with rocks and stumps... But, they cost $$$$

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    PT 425

This company has one but I cannot get any specs on it.........yet. VMC Sickle Mower with Hydraulic Motor
    -Tim