Steering logic.

/ Steering logic. #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
Just curious if every ones PT works like mine. My steering seems to have priority over the lift and tilt circuits. This has got me in trouble a couple of times. Turning while trying to miss an object in the way .

/ Steering logic. #2  
Yep. Mine does it, too. As far as I can tell, there's a priority valve that favors steering. If the steering wheel is at or near full lock, the lift/tilt doesn't work, even at a stop. I have to remember to turn the wheel back just a bit.

Dave

/ Steering logic. #3  
Yep, that the way it is supposed to work, steering is the priority for that particular pump. I guess this is considered safer, but as you found out it's not always so. Steering does seem pretty important though.

Bob Rip

/ Steering logic. #4  
Me too. And at full turn had the lift stop and have plowed into a few things while trying to lift to clear it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
But if you back off of the turn just a bit then the lift works.

/ Steering logic. #5  
I think we're talking about the same thing here, but if not maybe the 2445 is slightly different. I get full articulation, without any pressure issues. However, the steering wheel goes just a bit further each way, at these points I don't have pressure.

/ Steering logic. #6  
Yep. Mine, too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If it's any consolation, my IH does the same thing. At least it did before the steering broke. Now I can only go forward and backward, so I don't run into any lock problems. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Steering logic.
I think that if I had a hydraulic circuit layout, I just might think about replumbing the system to the way I want. Does anyone know a specific reason for the steering to take priority?

/ Steering logic. #8  
I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I don't think it's a matter of priority. I'm guessing they're plumbed in parallel, but when the steering wheel is fully to one side or the other the steering valve leaves an "open path" for the fluid (perhaps an oversight or an imbedded safety on the steering valve). Of course, then [as fluids take the path of least resistance] it will go through the steering valve instead of excerting any for force to other controls.

Again, just a wild guess. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

At the risk of highjcaking the thread: Does anyone [yeah I know, us 24XX guys are oddballs] have a good scheme to mechanically route a secondary steering aparatus to the back? Better yet: a lever? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I suppose to do it proper, one should order another steering valve, and a triple two-way solenoid, but $$$! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Steering logic. #9  
I should note: I can feel the wheel location before those limits, so it doesn't bother me...."not bothering me" also may be that I've only put 3 hours on it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Steering logic. #10  
I''ve often thought of putting in a joystick for steering. It would be handy for a couple of reasons. I could see how it would be handy back at the backhoe's operation station. Maybe a valve in parallel with the main steering valve? Either one would do the trick, although I see lots of hoses in your future! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif