Have offically joined the group

/ Have offically joined the group #1  

jfh28

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 2425
2425 and attachments delivered. Of course it's been raining almost nonstop ever since but I have been able to accomplish some small projects.

Machine is everything I had anticapated and more. Grapple bucket is quickly becoming my attachment of choice.

Don't feel any of the concerns of sitting higher with the taller machine. No sense of tipping, although I'm sure if I tried I could certainly do it. I also have the garage door problem but my rops is bolted to the side so I just have to redrill some holes in the vertical plate to lower.

The machine is also much quieter than I expected, certainly quieter than my lawn tractor. Power trac has moved the muffler out of the engine compartment to below the foot step on the side. Perhaps this is the difference.

The battery has also been moved out of the engine compartment to a bump out on the front side, similar to how they do the fan motor on the opposite side. The only thing in the engine compartment now is the engine.

I do wish there was a fuel guage as it seems to run thru gas faster than expected. I've run out twice now. And of course it was on the far end of the property both times. Suppose it's just something I have to get a feel for.

Now if it would just stop raining I could actually get to play with it, er I mean do some work.

Jack

/ Have offically joined the group #2  
Congratulations! It sounds like you're still getting to use it quite a bit, despite the rain, if you've run out of gas twice already... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Have offically joined the group #3  
Congratulations! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for fuel consumption, our 2001 model PT425 with the 25 HP Kohler uses about 1.1 gallons of fuel an hour. So a 5 gallon fuel tank that we cannot fill all the way lasts for about 4 hours. That's usually just about lunch time, anyway, so it works out fine. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Have offically joined the group #4  
A big welcome Jack,

one more in the ranks is a good thing. You will meet a lot of nice people on this forum. Congrats on the new PT enjoy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Have offically joined the group #5  
Congrats on your PT and welcome to TBN!

/ Have offically joined the group
My tank is welded into the bottom of the front part of the machine. The fuel filter looks to be about 1" above the bottom and it is a side discharge so I run out with about a gallon still on the bottom of the tank. By not filling it all the way and subtracting the gallon on the bottom I'm guessing I have a usable amount of 3.5 gallons then or 3.5+ hours which sounds about right for when I've been running out.

Thanks
Jack

As for fuel consumption, our 2001 model PT425 with the 25 HP Kohler uses about 1.1 gallons of fuel an hour. So a 5 gallon fuel tank that we cannot fill all the way lasts for about 4 hours.

/ Have offically joined the group #7  
Welcome and congratulations. O the joy of getting starting on a PT. We will be expecting some pics now. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Have offically joined the group #8  
Good to hear that everything arrived ok and except for the rain, you are having fun. Keep us posted on your projects.
PJ

/ Have offically joined the group #9  
Welcome aboard!

And a 24XX at that /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't let the (1)4XX guys have all the fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif