Mini-hoe and 12" bucket

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #1  

toolz_not_toyz

Gold Member
Tractor
JD L130
Mini-hoe and 12\" bucket

I'm finalizng my final list. Anyone have comments about the 12" bucket and the mini-hoe? I see it listed on the price sheet and I know stray has one. But not much has been written about it and I don't think any pictures have been posted yet.

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #2  
Re: Mini-hoe and 12\" bucket

I have the 12" for digging in anything but rocks and roots.

Attachments

• 765704-minihoe pic (Small).jpg
    765704-minihoe pic (Small).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 167
   / Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #3  

I only have the 9" but if i had my choice i wouldn't thank twice if i could trade for the 12".

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket

All right. I knew someone had the 12"! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I guess that makes at least two folks as someone else had made the original post...

12" bucket for mini-hoe

I wonder why the 12" bucket isn't a recommended setup. Stress?

I doubt I really need this but I just want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything since I'm so far away.

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #5  

</font><font color="blueclass=small">(
I wonder why the 12" bucket isn't a recommended setup. Stress? )</font>

I think its for the same reason they want you to by the small bucket. So you will by the larger one later on.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thats just my thinking? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #6  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I think its for the same reason they want you to by the small bucket. So you will by the larger one later on.
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif thats just my thinking? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Maybe -- but there may be more logic than just trying to sell things. If you bought the 12" and were using it in hard rocky soil, you might be disappointed with the whole implement -- never realizing that it would work just fine with a 9" bucket. However, if you're using a 9" bucket with zero problems and wish for "bigger bites" -- it's pretty obvious the 12" bucket would do that...

So, they're possibly avoiding dissatisfied customers at the same time they're trying to sell more buckets...

Personally, I think they're concerned about the added stress a 12" bucket could put on the Class 8 PTs -- given the problems that 9" buckets can cause....

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So, they're possibly avoiding dissatisfied customers at the same time they're trying to sell more buckets...
)</font>

On that note. I downloaded and printed out the price list again just in case there were any changes. There are. They added a whole second page that outlines the warranty which includes the statement: The foregoing warranty shall not apply if this equipment has been altered or if it has been subjected to abuse, misuse, negligence, or accident. That probably means you're not supposed to use a 12" bucket or reverse the wheels, etc. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Mini-hoe and 12" bucket #8  

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif