Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #1  

NJBill

Silver Member
Leaf season almost ending, and wouldn't you know my six year old leaf rake, finally needed it's second blade. Even had to glue the handle together which split dead center.
This is one hand tool I really enjoy using, I don't have to keep cleaning the leaves out of the teeth.
I'm currently working on a vacuum system, which should limit the use of 'my old buddy".
Bill

Last edited:
   / Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #2  
quit messing with our heads and spill the beans. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How are you thinking about building this thing? It does seem strange to me that this is one implement that PT does not offer. The easiest adaptable commercial alternative is probably the ingersoll-case Hydra Vac:

Ingersoll Case

Unfortunately, it is pretty expensive up-front before you start the conversion, and I think it uses a 6" intake, which is probably a bit less then ideal.

The alterative would be to try to buy a blower and mate it to a hydraulic motor. Possibly you could get the "chiper-vac" blower from trac-vac sans the 8 HP engine and adapt it for use.

I am sitting here ith a lawn full of leaves, a tractor in the garage, and two rakes....

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #3  
PT used to sell a leaf blower attachment. I believe that they found it was not very useful since you could not control its output direction independently from the PT direction.

Bob Rip

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #4  
I am thinking more about a lawn vacuum with chipping/mulching capability. Maybe with a shredding type impellor like the Little Wonder truckloader (although it uses a 16+ HP, which is probably a bit more then you can expect from a hydraulic motor off of our PTO).

LittleWonder

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #5  
very good Idea .I have A craftsman tractor with a bagger. It picked up leafs but I had to dump it a millon times . So I bought a White walk behind vac/chipper8.5 hp. it worked ok, but i had an Idea of taking off all the wheels and transmission on whites vac and mounted it to my little 10 cubic yard trailer attached the vac hose to the bagger hose and pulled it with my craftman. The only thing was mowing on hills the trailer was tippy.The white vac unit cost me $ 750 in 1998 and I could let all the oak leaf in the forest fall on my brother lawn and it would eat them up. Just didn' t like the teschuca engine that came with the vac/chipper I priced Gaint vac an one cost $1400 but I don't thik it had a chipper like mine had

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #6  
The PT blower would rotate side to side 180 deg, could be raised or lowered with the arms, or tilted for and aft, all hydraulically without leaving the seat. Not adjustable? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Pre-PT -- Vintage accessories #7  
Sorry, I was guessing why they don't sell it anymore. Do you know why? From your description it sounds good.

Bob Rip