Deutz Manifold Heater

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #1  

Spiffy

Veteran Member
Tractor
PT2445; several ag machines and classics
Since I have it garaged, I never got around to making a good review of the heater, but it does seem to help.

No idea how many degrees colder start it gains, but at 35F it sure seems to appreciate it.

I haven't added a relay&switch yet, but I think it will be worth doing. I'm thinking it's around 10-20A but for some reason my ohm meter doesn't give me a good reading. Else, I may have an old tractor starter switch on hand. Will update when I decide! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #2  
I installed a single heating element in my 45 hp Deutz last year and although mine is kept outside, I have only had to use it a few times since. It did seem to help as before it took longer to "catch" and quite a while to run on all three cylinders. Now seems almost like warm weather starting.

I also have not "completed" the install and just lift the cover and touch the wire to the hot battery terminal the few times I have needed it so far. Glad I put it in though.

Save your $$ and just buy the element itself rather than the whole kit (which comes with absolutley NO instructions anyway).

/ Deutz Manifold Heater
Just the single element is what I had too; came with the purchase. The previous owner bought, but never got around to installing it.

Still can't get a good ohm reading, but it hasn't knocked out the 30A fuse I have on it.

I was wondering if an element in both holes is even better, but I doubt worth it.

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #4  
Two elements certainly is an option. One could use a separate switch or relay so you could use just the one closest to the intake most of the time and both only when really cold.

Presumably for your climate in SD you are already using synthetic engine and hydraulic oil as all those hydraulic pumps are turning over while the engine tries to come to life.

I just finished a new heated garage/shop so I will probably never have to put my heating element to the ultimate test.

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #5  
Where can you buy these heaters? Thanks.

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #6  
Any Deutz engine dealer/repair shop. Element alone runs around $30 I think.

/ Deutz Manifold Heater #7  
I was quoted around $130 installed. I'm holding off on getting one because I've started it at around 20 degrees and now my shop has heat.l