Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

Default 3 Way 2 inch receiver

Today I welded three two inch receivers to a quick attach plate. I used one that is 12 inches long and it sticks straight out. I made it longer so I could see the ball when attaching to the trailer. The other two are six inches long and one goes up and one down.
    See attachment

Bob Rip
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

Default Re: 3 Way 2 inch receiver

Pardon my welds, but I have never taken a class, just read a book.
    I hope this is strong enough. I did not put any reinforcing brackets, hoping that the three receivers would reinforce each other. What do you think?
    I did not realize it while designing this, but the top receiver makes a good storage place for attachments not in use.

Now I need to come up with some other attachments with two inch receivers. Any suggestion?
    I have attached anther picture that is a little closer view.

Bob Rip

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

I would add some 1/2 in gussets to the top and bottom of the 2 in receiver. 4 in triangle should work fine. What is the purpose of the bottom receiver? You could put a ripper in there, or a pipe puller. The top receiver could be used for a goose neck trailer. A log splitter assembly could be used in the front receiver. You might get 400 to 500 lbs load holding capacity.

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

I will add some gussets. Do you mean 1/2 inch thick. Wow! I have some 1/4 plate. Is that enough? Also do you mean connect the middle receiver to the top and bottom receivers with this gusset?

I was thinking that the bottom receiver would be good for a root or dirt ripper. I have some old brush cutter blades. I was considering using one of them, cut short to 18 inches or so. How does this sound?

Bob Rip

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Power Trac 425

Here is a picture of a receiver hitch that I made in welding class. I used a 1/4" gusset and square tube on mine cuz that is what I had available.

Looks like you have a pretty neat setup. Place to stow one receiver while you are using the other, neat! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1430 and Craftsman DGT6000

Great job!
    I'd like to make one of those someday.

P.S. since we are on the topic of trailer hitches and balls, I've found that you can use the middle claw and tooth of the grapple bucket to move a trailer/ equipment that has a pintle hitch. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here is a picture of a receiver hitch that I made in welding class. I used a 1/4" gusset and square tube on mine cuz that is what I had available.
    : )</font>

Jim, your receiver hitch was where I got the idea for this one. Thanks for idea.

Bob Rip

Tractor
    2000 Power Trac 422

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
    P.S. since we are on the topic of trailer hitches and balls, I've found that you can use the middle claw and tooth of the grapple bucket to move a trailer/ equipment that has a pintle hitch. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )</font>

<font color="blue"> </font> I wonder if that would work on a ball type hitch. It seems it might do some damage. The pintle looks a lot tougher.

Bob Rip

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT425

Bob,

Going back to my "Meet Kermit" thread, it looks like you've combined the best of the ones PJ and I have built. I've found lots of uses for mine. I've since decided that a pair of sideways receivers to the right and left will also be useful, mostly for ditch and bank implements. Maybe one of these days I'll actually weld them on... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Gravy

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Power Trac 425

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim, your receiver hitch was where I got the idea for this one. Thanks for idea.

Bob Rip )</font>

Coooool!

Nice improvement [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast