What size post hole digger auger

/ What size post hole digger auger
I don't know about other sized augers but my guess is you could probably go down around four feet with the 9".

/ What size post hole digger auger #12  
I don't have PT. I do have a groundhog H99. I have 4" 10" and 16" augers for it.

The 16 is really hard to use. You are lifting a lot of dirt.

I use the 10" for planting potted trees and shrubs. In general, you seem to end up with about 2" more hole than the auger size. I like to have at least 4" more hole than the pot size to make packing around the root ball easy.

The 4" is for setting fence posts.

For tamping, I have a 6' long piece of 1" iron pipe. It has a gentle bend in it about 6" if you ran a string between the ends. This saves a lot of fingers when tamping a skinny hole. The length also means I can do most of my tamping standing up.

(This same pipe is used as an axle for rolls of poly pipe. Hang from the FEL. The curve reduces the tendency for the spool to wander to one end of the pipe, and snag on the chain.) (Of coruse when I go from tamping to spooling, I have to pry out a couple inches of packed mud.)

/ What size post hole digger auger #13  
I have a PT 425 with 14 inch and 30 inch augers. The 14" is used for plantings trees and shrubs. THe 30' is used for planting bulbs and grouncovers.

What is miss in the absence of carbide augers for the PT line. I have already completely worn out my 14" and PT's non standard shaft size makes it difficult to find an alternative among other brands.

/ What size post hole digger auger #14  
Put some hard surface on the scraper/cutter teeth, or have some one do it.

/ What size post hole digger auger #15  
I have a PT 425 with 14 inch and 30 inch augers. The 14" is used for plantings trees and shrubs. THe 30' is used for planting bulbs and grouncovers.

What is miss in the absence of carbide augers for the PT line. I have already completely worn out my 14" and PT's non standard shaft size makes it difficult to find an alternative among other brands.

Check Tractor Supply. I was able to find a 12" bit that slips perfectly inside the auger head for a 425 auger. Price: $119 ea. The folks there may be able to order different sizes.