Used PT's

/ Used PT's #101  
Re: Used PT\'s

>>>The one on the PT422 built in 2000 is 1 and 13/16 inches. I suggest you call Terry to make sure.<<<

Sorry for the late response, just for any 180 owners out there, this wrench does fit the large center nut. Someone stated they tightened this nut once after they got the machine, and there after it pretty much stayed that way. Is this anyone else's experience? Or will it always come loose over time?

/ Used PT's #102  

Barry,
I tighten the bolt every time I grease the joint- about every 12-15 hrs.

/ Used PT's #103  

Barry,
I tighten the bolt every time I grease the joint- about every 12-15 hrs.

/ Used PT's #104  

Thankya Sir,

I guess that would be a good rule to follow.

/ Used PT's #105  

Thankya Sir,

I guess that would be a good rule to follow.

/ Used PT's #106  

There is only one nut to tighten. I suspect that the movement is as much wear in the joint and less actually working loose. It seems to move less now than when the machine was new. It might be good to mark the nut and a place on the machine to see if it moves.

Bob Rip

/ Used PT's #107  

There is only one nut to tighten. I suspect that the movement is as much wear in the joint and less actually working loose. It seems to move less now than when the machine was new. It might be good to mark the nut and a place on the machine to see if it moves.

Bob Rip

/ Used PT's #108  

Anyone know if the big nut is the same size on some of the larger PTs? I checked mine today while doing the 300 hour tune-up and couldn't move it with my hand. I'm thinking just making something out of scrap metal that'll git r tight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Used PT's #109  

Anyone know if the big nut is the same size on some of the larger PTs? I checked mine today while doing the 300 hour tune-up and couldn't move it with my hand. I'm thinking just making something out of scrap metal that'll git r tight. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Used PT's #110  

Back to the subject of used PT's. I've been lurking for quite some time. Like many I started looking for a small tractor to make the yard chores easier/faster. After much research and reflection on what I'd like the machine to do, a power-trac 4xx seems to be the best fit. I would also prefer to buy a used machine but haven't seen any come up in the usual places. I've been watching the PT site for a few months and haven't seen much, ebay nadda, local paper nadda, craigslist nadda, etc.

So any other suggestions for places to look? Anyone got an itch to upgrade and thinking of selling?

I'd also like to see one of these up close and personal (I'm in northern Vt.) Any owners in northern NY, Vermont, NH, or MA willing to show off there PT? Thanks folks, great forum.