Used PT's

/ Used PT's #31  
Re: Used PT\'s

The other day I posted a URL that didn't seem to work later. For the Farmhardware 1-13/16" wrench delivered ($18.19 + $7.50 Shipping) try:

Click here for link

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark H.

EDIT: Shortened long link.

/ Used PT's #32  

Thanks -- at that price, I'm game. Can anyone confirm if the old Kohler-engined PT425's (Dec 2000 vintage) used this size nut? Once again, I find myself 900 miles away from my loveable MUT...

/ Used PT's #33  

Mark, that wrench is currently not available. BobRip...how far are you from Norfolk?

/ Used PT's #34  

Sorry the wrench isn't available; I must have purchased the only one! It arrived a few days ago - works fine.

It's a Thorsen brand wrench, but made in China.

Mark H.

/ Used PT's #35  

To follow up the wrench thing, I checked with Farmhardware.com; they are NOT going to get any more of these 1-13/16" wrenches due to a problem with their supplier (Olympia, an importer) who is no longer in business.

According to the person with whom I spoke, Farmhardware bought many hundreds of items from that company, so this is a really bad thing for them.

SO, here is another source that is only slightly more expensive:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product2_6970_200320007_200320007

This wrench is $22.99 plus $9.00 or so for shipping depending upon where you are located.

Mine that I purchased from Farmhardware was about $18 plus $7.50 shipping to Colorado.

More expensive, but still a great bargain compared to local prices of well over $100.

Even though these wrenches are made in China, they are more than adequate for the PT user to tighten the main nut. I'd support a U.S. company, but can't spend five times the price for a wrench that will be used a few times a year.

Had it not been for the post in this forum, I could have saved more money by not even buying a wrench since I didn't know the nut should be checked and kept tight! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,
Mark H.

/ Used PT's #36  

>>Had it not been for the post in this forum, I could have saved more money by not even buying a wrench since I didn't know the nut should be checked and kept tight!<<

Your welcome, I think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Used PT's #37  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mark, that wrench is currently not available. BobRip...how far are you from Norfolk? )</font>

I am about 100 miles from Norfolk. Clint Blake is in Mechanicsville, just east of Richmond. This is probably an hour closer.

Bob Rip

/ Used PT's #38  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( >>Had it not been for the post in this forum, I could have saved more money by not even buying a wrench since I didn't know the nut should be checked and kept tight!<<

Your welcome, I think /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

)</font>

If this coupling wears out, you will be very sorry. Keep it tight.

Bob Rip

/ Used PT's #39  

You sound like a man who speaks from experience, do you know someone who had one wear out? Since the 180 only has one articulating cylinder, and I have a lot of uneven ground to travel. You can bet I will. Thanks

/ Used PT's #40  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To follow up the wrench thing, I checked with Farmhardware.com; they are NOT going to get any more of these 1-13/16" wrenches due to a problem with their supplier (Olympia, an importer) who is no longer in business. )</font>

Yup...that's a bummer. I followed up on your suggestion of Northern, and bit the bullet. I went for 5 combo wrenches, ranging from 1 3/4" through 2". They ran $110 plus $22 shipping. They arrived at my doorstep Friday (3 days). Nice satin finish stamped with Northern logo, and "limited lifetime warranty" (whatever that is /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Nearest Northern store is a 90 mile drive 1-way, so the $22 shipping was worth it in diesel and time---not to mention that the store may not have had in stock one or more of the 5 (just my luck, it would have been the 1 13/16ths /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

I was a tightening fool on my PT yesterday. Found my articulation needed it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif, as did the swivel on my 60" mower, just to note a couple.

Thanks again everyone for this helpful thread /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif