Mowing Finish mower disappointments

/ Finish mower disappointments #31  
Sorry to here about your problems. I wonder if the factory has a quality control dept that actually checks these units before they ship? NOT!!!. I don't believe the PTO gets damaged while in transit. The 180 has a mechanical PTO- push the lever forward to turn it on or pull the lever back to turn it off. SIMPLE ENGINEERING.

/ Finish mower disappointments #32  
Sorry to here about your problems. I wonder if the factory has a quality control dept that actually checks these units before they ship? NOT!!!. I don't believe the PTO gets damaged while in transit. The 180 has a mechanical PTO- push the lever forward to turn it on or pull the lever back to turn it off. SIMPLE ENGINEERING.

/ Finish mower disappointments
Thanks guys. I'm wondering if I can just try and loosen and retorque the nut to something less than 10lbs. I guess it's worth a shot. I'll see if I can get around to it today.

blackwell, we must have posted at around the same time. Yes, I tested the circuit up to the solenoid and checked out fine.

Thanks guys. I'm wondering if I can just try and loosen and retorque the nut to something less than 10lbs. I guess it's worth a shot. I'll see if I can get around to it today.

blackwell, we must have posted at around the same time. Yes, I tested the circuit up to the solenoid and checked out fine.

/ Finish mower disappointments #35  
that was what I did while I was waiting for a replacement part. It worked for about 5 hours, then failed again.

I am not sure why PT chose to install the electric solenoid... it would have been simple enough to mount a control block on the left side of the dashboard with a hande like the attachment release on the right hand side. That toggle switch doesn't really add any functionality, and they had to run the hydraulic hoses up front anyhow.

/ Finish mower disappointments #36  
that was what I did while I was waiting for a replacement part. It worked for about 5 hours, then failed again.

I am not sure why PT chose to install the electric solenoid... it would have been simple enough to mount a control block on the left side of the dashboard with a hande like the attachment release on the right hand side. That toggle switch doesn't really add any functionality, and they had to run the hydraulic hoses up front anyhow.

/ Finish mower disappointments #37  
first belt failed 350 hrs.,had some help over the winter,they built a nest in there.maybe they like the taste of rubber /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifadded a 1/2 plate between the front wheel mounts and the deck.that lowered the cut,no wind rowing,keep the blades sharp /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifdoes a great job...jim

/ Finish mower disappointments #38  
first belt failed 350 hrs.,had some help over the winter,they built a nest in there.maybe they like the taste of rubber /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifadded a 1/2 plate between the front wheel mounts and the deck.that lowered the cut,no wind rowing,keep the blades sharp /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifdoes a great job...jim

I think the solenoid is a more modern approach (for the sake of a better term). It seems to be the component that is failing, not the design. Unfortunately, I just found out the hard way that Terry's schedule is 7-3 (at least for today and tomorrow). Guess that means there's no service support after noon on the West coast. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think the solenoid is a more modern approach (for the sake of a better term). It seems to be the component that is failing, not the design. Unfortunately, I just found out the hard way that Terry's schedule is 7-3 (at least for today and tomorrow). Guess that means there's no service support after noon on the West coast. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif