Picking PT implements

/ Picking PT implements #11  
Whatever tire you choose, I don't ever say enough about the bulletproof tire sealer from Gempler's. I've had three flats:

When my PT arrived, one brushhog front tire was flat. I put the sealer in it and aired it back up. That first day of use the other brushhog tire went flat. I put sealer in it and all 4 of the PT tires. It's been a year and a half and neither brushhog tire has gone flat and I use it to clear extensive tough forest undergrowth, including blackberry.

I had one flat on the PT and the morning I discovered it I was mildly disappointed in the sealer. It was a sidewall cut at least 1/2" long. I wanted to move the PT so I just put air in the tire. That's been way over a year and it hasn't ever gone back down again.

That stuff was pretty expensive but I've learned that it's worth it.

Phil

/ Picking PT implements #12  
<font color="blue"> If you are working in the woods I would recommend going with the heaviest tire available. </font>

After 4 years of turf tires, and only 10-12 hourse of brush hogging in the woods in there, I would have to agree that if you plan on spending a lot of time in the woods, the heavier ply bar tires would be a better choice... not because of traction but because of the flats. The turfs are only 2 ply. Great on the grass. Great when plowing snow. Not too bad in the drt. Even great traction in the woods. Just not so good on sharp objects. POP! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif