lawn sweeper

/ lawn sweeper #1  

Marks481

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 422 (2005)
Just bought the 42" sears heavy duty lawn sweeper. AFter trying it for 5 minutes (cause my PT is almost out of gas), I gotta say that it is amazing. Filled up the catcher bag about half full of grass clippings in that short amount of time. Would have taken about an hour to rake that much out of the lawn.

The wheels are geared so that it spins the bushes at 8x the speed of the wheels. By and large, the wheels don't drag on the grass unless you are going too slow and the brush is on the bottom setting. Gotta think that the only thing better then this would be to have a motor spin the brushes instead of the wheels (since this would completely eliminate the wheel drag).

I wondered how hard it would be to pull an attachment behind the PT, but it is not hard at all. I wouldn't want to try backing up very far, but it is not nearly so difficult as I had thought.

Sears 42" lawn sweeper

/ lawn sweeper #2  
Tim,

Occasionally, I use a similar sweeper. I use it after mowing if the grass accumulates. I have a large number of trees and I don't trust myself to backup responsibly enough to have the sweeper attached while mowing. I use it for leaves in the fall and it works great.

Dale

/ lawn sweeper
What I noticed right away was don't run it over an extension cord. I pulled it over a cord, went forward about 2', and thought "maybe I better check that it didn't snag it". SUre enough, about 20 wraps around the brush in just that short distance. If I had pulled any farther I probably would have damaged the cord.