Wheel Motor Leak

/ Wheel Motor Leak #31  
This thread discusses the PT425 wheel motors in great detail:
web page

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The White part number is 400230W3122AAAAA )</font>

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I bought the replacement from the local White Hydraulics distributor. White's web site lists the distributors. Nationally, Precision Fluid Power sells them over the web, although you need to ask for a quote. They run about $320 plus shipping. )</font>

Note that these are the "high torque" motors, which PT started using in 2003-4, so it might be a different model.

While you are buying a replacement wheel motor, why don't you buy the version with the integrated drum brake (K31 vs W31)? I think that would be money well spent.

/ Wheel Motor Leak #32  
Keeping the hydraulic fluid clean is about the only thing you can do, and not reverse the wheels.

/ Wheel Motor Leak #33  
Keeping the hydraulic fluid clean is about the only thing you can do, and not reverse the wheels.

/ Wheel Motor Leak
Thanks for the information. I got a quote from PT of $486 + shipping for a replacement. I like your price much better!

I decided to get the repair kit from PT and let the local hydraulic shop do the work. Repair kit was about $50 + shipping. I hope labor doesn't put me over the $300 mark.

-Tim

/ Wheel Motor Leak
Thanks for the information. I got a quote from PT of $486 + shipping for a replacement. I like your price much better!

I decided to get the repair kit from PT and let the local hydraulic shop do the work. Repair kit was about $50 + shipping. I hope labor doesn't put me over the $300 mark.

-Tim

/ Wheel Motor Leak
Well I guess I am in deep pooh! I reversed the wheels when I swapped all the 2 plys for 6 plys. By accident of course, wasn't paying attention and too laz.. I mean tired to swap them back. Mabe when I replace all the wheel motors I can correct this obvious defect.
-Tim /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Wheel Motor Leak
Well I guess I am in deep pooh! I reversed the wheels when I swapped all the 2 plys for 6 plys. By accident of course, wasn't paying attention and too laz.. I mean tired to swap them back. Mabe when I replace all the wheel motors I can correct this obvious defect.
-Tim /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Wheel Motor Leak #38  
I am sure that there are others that have had failures on their wheel motors, but were ashamed to admit it. Sure it looks good and should give better stability, but the cost of wheel motor replacement will get their attention at $400 plus. They should not even charge you a half hour on that seal replacement if they are any good at all. Make sure they check out the wheel motor under a load when it is put back together, and give a warranty for their work.

/ Wheel Motor Leak #39  
I am sure that there are others that have had failures on their wheel motors, but were ashamed to admit it. Sure it looks good and should give better stability, but the cost of wheel motor replacement will get their attention at $400 plus. They should not even charge you a half hour on that seal replacement if they are any good at all. Make sure they check out the wheel motor under a load when it is put back together, and give a warranty for their work.

/ Wheel Motor Leak #40  
I was considering reversing mine also. I have been waiting to see something like this on here. Sorry it had to be at your expense though /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

A little voice kept saying don't do it. Along with a few voice's on this forum. Glad now I listened to it. Once again sorry for your expense and down time. Hope she runs trouble free from here on in.

Thanks for being big enough to admit you reversed the wheels, it may save someone else, (me for one) from going through the same thing.
/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif