1430 capabilities???

/ 1430 capabilities??? #1  

IrTxRx

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1430
I'm posting a new message so I don't hijack tlb's wheel motor thread.

To boil it down, I am a little worried that the 1430 may be to little tractor for my needs and the 1445 may be to much (and more $$$) tractor for my needs. There was some comment by tlb that he feels like he may be beating his 425 to pieces by working in a similar landscape to he one I live in. I had pretty much decided on the 1430 because i thought it would do almost everything the 1445 would , just a little slower. I could also mow my yard easier with the 1430 and with the money saved I could hire out heavy equipment if needed.

I guess the real question is...What is the capability of the 1430 on MY property??? If I try to dig a 1 ft deep 100 yard trench in our dirty rocks for water line to the north pasture, will I destroy the mini-hoe? If I try to use the 4-n-1 box blade for my rough driveway, will I destroy the machine after a few times, or can the 1430 handle it? The 1445 72 inch mower is really bigger than I want for my purposes... Is there a 1445 60 inch mower?

As I get closer and closer to purchase, the questions grow.

All thoughts and feedback appreciated

/ 1430 capabilities???
I'm posting a new message so I don't hijack tlb's wheel motor thread.

To boil it down, I am a little worried that the 1430 may be to little tractor for my needs and the 1445 may be to much (and more $$$) tractor for my needs. There was some comment by tlb that he feels like he may be beating his 425 to pieces by working in a similar landscape to he one I live in. I had pretty much decided on the 1430 because i thought it would do almost everything the 1445 would , just a little slower. I could also mow my yard easier with the 1430 and with the money saved I could hire out heavy equipment if needed.

I guess the real question is...What is the capability of the 1430 on MY property??? If I try to dig a 1 ft deep 100 yard trench in our dirty rocks for water line to the north pasture, will I destroy the mini-hoe? If I try to use the 4-n-1 box blade for my rough driveway, will I destroy the machine after a few times, or can the 1430 handle it? The 1445 72 inch mower is really bigger than I want for my purposes... Is there a 1445 60 inch mower?

As I get closer and closer to purchase, the questions grow.

All thoughts and feedback appreciated

/ 1430 capabilities??? #3  
I sure like the 45HP Deutz; I still find humor in the fact that when in Tazewell, I thought it had a much more testosterone appealing sound then the 30HP. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That said, you probably have a pretty good plan saving some money and renting for the really nasty or specialized tasks. Attempting too much at once will break nearly anything, so I'd say you might have to work a bit slower with the 30, but would induce about the same abuse to it as the 45.

Of course, if it were me [despite not knowing anything about your soil or rocks], I'd still have to go with the 45. But I'm a HP junkie too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1430 capabilities??? #4  
I sure like the 45HP Deutz; I still find humor in the fact that when in Tazewell, I thought it had a much more testosterone appealing sound then the 30HP. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That said, you probably have a pretty good plan saving some money and renting for the really nasty or specialized tasks. Attempting too much at once will break nearly anything, so I'd say you might have to work a bit slower with the 30, but would induce about the same abuse to it as the 45.

Of course, if it were me [despite not knowing anything about your soil or rocks], I'd still have to go with the 45. But I'm a HP junkie too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1430 capabilities??? #5  
The 1445 is a lot more machine than the 1430. (I have the 1845, which is same engine as 1445, but hydraulics, etc.are lighter, as they are on 1430, and frame is smaller than 1445)
You'll want to talk to PT about the mini-hoe for 1445. I assume it is beefier than the early ones for the slope mowers. If so, I'd bet it would do your 100 yard ditch. As a mower, the 1445 is pretty massive, but should work fine unless your slopes are steep. I use a 72" 3 spindle rough-cut on the 1845, but bought a walk behind for my lawn. The 72" was just a bit too wide, and the 1845 a bit too long for the tight areas among the bushes, etc.

/ 1430 capabilities??? #6  
The 1445 is a lot more machine than the 1430. (I have the 1845, which is same engine as 1445, but hydraulics, etc.are lighter, as they are on 1430, and frame is smaller than 1445)
You'll want to talk to PT about the mini-hoe for 1445. I assume it is beefier than the early ones for the slope mowers. If so, I'd bet it would do your 100 yard ditch. As a mower, the 1445 is pretty massive, but should work fine unless your slopes are steep. I use a 72" 3 spindle rough-cut on the 1845, but bought a walk behind for my lawn. The 72" was just a bit too wide, and the 1845 a bit too long for the tight areas among the bushes, etc.

/ 1430 capabilities??? #7  
I think the 425 could handle your chores. A 1430 just makes it easier....but obviously you should have the biggest you want.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1430 capabilities??? #8  
I think the 425 could handle your chores. A 1430 just makes it easier....but obviously you should have the biggest you want.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1430 capabilities???
I am fairly certain the 425 would not do what I need (40 acres of brush, briars, rocks, more rocks and a little soil to hold it all together), or it would take to long to complete. I thought the 1430 was what I needed for long term completion of desired projects.

In reality what I need is a 1460, a D5 Cat, tracked excavator and a grader for about a year /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. After that, I need the 1430 for the rest of my life

Time will tell wether I made the right choice or not

/ 1430 capabilities???
I am fairly certain the 425 would not do what I need (40 acres of brush, briars, rocks, more rocks and a little soil to hold it all together), or it would take to long to complete. I thought the 1430 was what I needed for long term completion of desired projects.

In reality what I need is a 1460, a D5 Cat, tracked excavator and a grader for about a year /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. After that, I need the 1430 for the rest of my life

Time will tell wether I made the right choice or not