50 hour service for Robin PT 425s

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s #1  

toolz_not_toyz

Gold Member
Tractor
JD L130
I'm pulling my hair out on this one. I'm doing (or was doing) the 50 hour service on my 425 and have just spent at least 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out where the bleed port for the hydraulic system. I'd call Tazewell but it's almost 6:00 here so it's 9:00 there!!

I have looked at MR's instructions a million times then found a post that pointed out the new Robins are different. Well, mine, it seeems is even more different. I consulted the manual (if we insist on calling it that) under "Filter Installation Instructions" and aside from the pathetic notes there they have a photo of what I think is the tram pump (nice of them to not clarify this) BUT my pump does not look like that at all.

In fact, later in the manual, in the parts section they have the proper picture of the tram pump in my 425 but there is no indication of where the bleed port is. Sweet.

Has anyone else performed this service on the newer 425s yet? I got mine in Nov. 2005.

You'd think a company without dealers, or 24/7 support, would at least have the brains to supply or offer a decent manual. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s
I'm pulling my hair out on this one. I'm doing (or was doing) the 50 hour service on my 425 and have just spent at least 1 1/2 hours trying to figure out where the bleed port for the hydraulic system. I'd call Tazewell but it's almost 6:00 here so it's 9:00 there!!

I have looked at MR's instructions a million times then found a post that pointed out the new Robins are different. Well, mine, it seeems is even more different. I consulted the manual (if we insist on calling it that) under "Filter Installation Instructions" and aside from the pathetic notes there they have a photo of what I think is the tram pump (nice of them to not clarify this) BUT my pump does not look like that at all.

In fact, later in the manual, in the parts section they have the proper picture of the tram pump in my 425 but there is no indication of where the bleed port is. Sweet.

Has anyone else performed this service on the newer 425s yet? I got mine in Nov. 2005.

You'd think a company without dealers, or 24/7 support, would at least have the brains to supply or offer a decent manual. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s #3  
Did you get a bleed hose with your PT? If so, look at the fitting on the end of it. Then look for a cap on an opposite sex fitting on the tram pump. It is there, you just have to find it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s #4  
Did you get a bleed hose with your PT? If so, look at the fitting on the end of it. Then look for a cap on an opposite sex fitting on the tram pump. It is there, you just have to find it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Yup. Have the hose. Still can't find a fitting with a cap! I'll post some pix as soon as I move everything back in the garage.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I can find TWO fittings with brass caps. They are located under the tram pump in each of TWO machined alum. blocks that PT calls "Tram Pump Manifold." This is completely (as in 1000%) different from what PT indicates in my manual. I'll scan that page and attach it so you can better understand my confusion.

Edit: Added photo of tram pump manifold.

Attachments

• 887670-tram_pump_manifold2.jpg
    887670-tram_pump_manifold2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 174
Yup. Have the hose. Still can't find a fitting with a cap! I'll post some pix as soon as I move everything back in the garage.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. I can find TWO fittings with brass caps. They are located under the tram pump in each of TWO machined alum. blocks that PT calls "Tram Pump Manifold." This is completely (as in 1000%) different from what PT indicates in my manual. I'll scan that page and attach it so you can better understand my confusion.

Edit: Added photo of tram pump manifold.

Just as a point of reference, here are the instructions from my owner's manual.

Attachments

• 887695-filter_instructions.jpg
    887695-filter_instructions.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 145
Just as a point of reference, here are the instructions from my owner's manual.

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s #9  
YIKES! Not the same pump in both pictures. My pump has the brass cap onthe side of the pump, not on a manifold. Yours is different in that the hydraulic hoses on top appear to control the variable volume pump, while mine has a lever run by a cable. Sounds like your only hope is to call Power Trac and have them talk you through it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ 50 hour service for Robin PT 425s #10  
YIKES! Not the same pump in both pictures. My pump has the brass cap onthe side of the pump, not on a manifold. Yours is different in that the hydraulic hoses on top appear to control the variable volume pump, while mine has a lever run by a cable. Sounds like your only hope is to call Power Trac and have them talk you through it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif