Summer Projects

/ Summer Projects #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
I’ve been really busy around my place working on landscaping my little pond area. Now I’m ready to start my deck addition, and so on. I find use for the PT in about everything I do around here.

I put a hook on it with my shed key, so I can just drive back and fourth getting out the tools as I go. Wondering how I ever got along without it. What have some of you have been doing big or little things around your place using the PT. Almost August already leave time coming up fast ?

/ Summer Projects #2  
Really, our place is about how I want it, so no new projects...

Up until last week we had no rain since June, so I've only mowed my lawn twice in the last two months. That could change with all the water we've had in the last week and a half.:)

I did brush hog our property twice and moved about a hundred 4" trees that we cut down. Left the stumps... just trying to get a clearing so we can have an idea about where to put the house.

Building stuff for the PT is what I'm now up to.

/ Summer Projects #3  
Barryh said:
I’ve been really busy around my place working on landscaping my little pond area. Now I’m ready to start my deck addition, and so on. I find use for the PT in about everything I do around here.

I put a hook on it with my shed key, so I can just drive back and fourth getting out the tools as I go. Wondering how I ever got along without it. What have some of you have been doing big or little things around your place using the PT. Almost August already leave time coming up fast ?

Mowing every three days has been the major task this summer but one I really do not mind. Helped two friends with landscaping their property using the box blade. What a joy that attachment is.
Used my trencher to trench two foot deep lines all around his half acre for underground sprinkler system. That was a challange as it was hard clay but the trencher cut right through.
As has been said, the 425 can do anything as long as you have the attachments for the job at hand.
PJ

/ Summer Projects #4  
Barryh said:

I moved 10 tons of top soil for my neighbor to fill around the pond.

I cut down a pretty good size dead tree and moved it to the burn pile and wood pile in about three hours. I have another smaller one to do soon.

I made a few attachments and changes to the PT. You can see my other post for this.

I pulled up about 20 fence post for another neighbor. Easy for the PT, very hard for his old tractors.

Pretty slow summer really.

Bob Rip

/ Summer Projects
MossRoad said:
Really, our place is about how I want it, so no new projects...

Up until last week we had no rain since June, so I've only mowed my lawn twice in the last two months. That could change with all the water we've had in the last week and a half.:)

I did brush hog our property twice and moved about a hundred 4" trees that we cut down. Left the stumps... just trying to get a clearing so we can have an idea about where to put the house.

Building stuff for the PT is what I'm now up to.
I'm still waiting to see how that backhoe comes out, looks good so far. Weather has been strange this year around these parts. A lot of rain and cooler weather right up until the middle of July now we are in a heat wave. I go out early in the morning when I want to work up a sweat. Bugs are terrible here. They need to make a PT Bug Killer attachment.

/ Summer Projects
BobRip said:
I moved 10 tons of top soil for my neighbor to fill around the pond.

I cut down a pretty good size dead tree and moved it to the burn pile and wood pile in about three hours. I have another smaller one to do soon.

I made a few attachments and changes to the PT. You can see my other post for this.

I pulled up about 20 fence post for another neighbor. Easy for the PT, very hard for his old tractors.

Pretty slow summer really.

Bob Rip
I see you have been doing some really cool things with that receiver, I really like the carrier. I think we have some of the same ideas. I have not really had much chance to work on my hitch attachments. It's still setting in the garage. Not having a welder doesn't help much. Now I'm into deck building putting accessories on the new truck, and we have company staying at the house. Work days are to long and weekends to short. 10 tons of top soil ?? I wish I had neighbors like you.. :>)

/ Summer Projects
pajoube said:
Mowing every three days has been the major task this summer but one I really do not mind. Helped two friends with landscaping their property using the box blade. What a joy that attachment is.
Used my trencher to trench two foot deep lines all around his half acre for underground sprinkler system. That was a challange as it was hard clay but the trencher cut right through.
As has been said, the 425 can do anything as long as you have the attachments for the job at hand.
PJ
Your really handy with that box blade, after seeing some of the work you've done, I now have a new attachment, I'm adding to my long long list.

/ Summer Projects #8  
Main project this summer is cutting about a mile long hiking trail thru our woods. There is a ton of mountain juniper and young white pines in the way. Stump grinder is the main attachment I am using. It just rips right thru them. And then gets rid of the stumps. Biggest tree I've taken down with it has been around 4 inches and maybe 25 feet tall. Although I'm sure it could take out bigger ones I'm too chicken. I don't want to test the load capacity of the rops. The manuverability of the PT is a life saver in the woods since this trail is anything but straight.

Jack

/ Summer Projects #9  
Barryh said:
I see you have been doing some really cool things with that receiver, I really like the carrier. I think we have some of the same ideas. I have not really had much chance to work on my hitch attachments. It's still setting in the garage. Not having a welder doesn't help much. Now I'm into deck building putting accessories on the new truck, and we have company staying at the house. Work days are to long and weekends to short. 10 tons of top soil ?? I wish I had neighbors like you.. :>)

I am trying to work on the boom pole. I just can't seem to find the time.
I did get a change to mow the trails with the brush cutter. I originally cut the trail with the cutter, so now the maintenance is pretty easy.

Bob Rip

/ Summer Projects
BobRip said:
I am trying to work on the boom pole. I just can't seem to find the time.
I did get a change to mow the trails with the brush cutter. I originally cut the trail with the cutter, so now the maintenance is pretty easy.

Bob Rip
Yep finding the time is the hard thing. This is where I left off on mine, hard to tell with the lighting and all the junk on my work table. I see someone has already done what I had in mind.

Gravy with his rock popper is more the starting point of my ripper idea. I want to mainly use it for trenching and pulling up rocks and shale. From there I wanted to use it as a boom, winch, and add several other attachments.

Attachments

• Rippernew3.JPG
    Rippernew3.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 147