Least used attachment

/ Least used attachment
pajoube said:
Would this question also refer to the plug aerator? If so then it is one of the best to promote growth. Getting ready to do my yard again right after the next good rain.
PJ

I understand that the plug aerator is very good. How much worse is the spiked aerator?

1. Almost as good
2. OK, you just need to aerate more often
3. You're wasting your time, cut off the spikes and use it as a lawn roller or a water carrier.

/ Least used attachment #12  
BobRip said:
What is your lease used attachment?

I don't have any! I got all my attachments new and paid cash!!

Attachments

• Idontgetit.gif
    Idontgetit.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 235
   / Least used attachment #13  
FOURTEEN said:
I don't have any! I got all my attachments new and paid cash!!

I guree that one slipped by you. Maybe this one will help. Which one of your new attachments, do you use the least?

/ Least used attachment #14  
J_J said:
Which one of your new attachments, do you use the least?

Don't have any new attachments!! They were all purchased with my PT-425 back in 2/4. Back then they were all new, but now they are all old!

Anyway, of my newest and oldest attachments I seldom use the Brush Cutter, the Potato Digger, the Forks, the MiniHoe, the Light Material Bucket, or the Stump Grinder. However, when a job requires one of them, nothing else will do! So, I wouldn't part with any of them, because as soon as I did, I'd need it!!!!

Once a year I clear brush and small trees from my open areas with the Brush Cutter. The Potato Digger breaks up hard soil and digs out stones occasionally. I last used the forks to move my big TVs. The MiniHoe dug my trenches for my pole barn a couple years ago. Once a year I spread several tons of crushed stone with the Light Material Bucket. The Stump Grinder grinds out stumps, cuts trenches, and digs shrub holes, but not lately.

The only attachment that I use daily is my wonderful Grapple Bucket! Seems like whatever job is at hand, especially in the woods, the Grapple Bucket is there to lend me a fang or two!!

Before I got my PT, if I wanted to move a large log to the burn pile, I would hook the trailer to the tractor, and drive down near the log, if possible. Cut the log into manageable 3' long pieces. Lift and stand each piece on end to tie it onto my two wheel cart. (Resulting in two Hernias, but that's another story!!) Drag the cart through the underbrush, up the ramp, and onto the trailer. Unload. Repeat several times. Drive the tractor and trailer up to the burn pile. Manhandle the logs off the trailer and onto the pile. When the pile was the right size, it could then be burned. (No fun!!)
Now I get a nice fire going. Drive anywhere to the log with the PT and its Grapple Bucket. Lift the log, cut it into 10' to 12' long pieces. Grab a piece or two, race up to the pile, and dump it on top. If the burning pile collapses, the PT will grab the burning logs and restack them! A job that used to take hours, now takes minutes!! (And its fun!!)

/ Least used attachment #15  
FOURTEEN said:
A job that used to take hours, now takes minutes!! (And its fun!!)

That's pretty much the way I feel about using this thing. I enjoy working it.:)

/ Least used attachment #16  
J_J said:
I guess that one slipped by you. Maybe this one will help. Which one of your new attachments, do you use the least?
rrrrr

/ Least used attachment #19  
J_J said:

You've got it, J_J!!

That's exactly the sound my PT makes, as the Grapple Bucket sinks it's white fangs into a log, locking it in it's teeth, and shaking it back and forth, as we head for the burn pile!!!!

/ Least used attachment #20  
Farmall140 said:
Sure....wish I got the LMB & tooth bar instead of the rock bucket and Pt teeth. Many times I'm moving material around and half way through I think I could be done by now with the larger bucket!

ME TOO!