Hours on your PT - Who has the most

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #11  
Well I guess that's good news for us Robin owners, are you running any type of synth oil in it?...what year did PT make the change to Robin??

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #12  
I have never used any synthetic motor oils in either the engine or hydraulic system . I have thought about doing it in the hydraulic system but I always chicken out when I compute the price to change. In the engine I have always used penzoil 10-30 weight. I don't know when PT started using the Robin engine as I had never heard of a Power Trac before late 1999 when I started checking them out and at that time they used the Robin in the 422 .

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #13  
Yes, I think when I purchased my PT425 in 2001 they had three models of the 400 series... the PT418, the PT422 and the PT425. The 18 and 22 had Robin engines and the 425 had the Kohler.

My Kohler has a tad over 200 hours, by the way. The meter reads about 50 hours more than actual because I left the key on for a weekend. :eek: :rolleyes: :)

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #14  
David
My hours are as needed, I bought the PT to eliminate excessive walking, to replace the wheelbarrow, the spades, the pick axe, and other normal use items, so I do not as yet, put on hours very fast. My main reason for putting in my 2 cents worth, I purchased the 422 on 17 March 2004, (good timing for an Englishman). Kristie offered me a cheaper model, when I asked why she said it was the last one with a Briggs and Stratton, I opted for the Robin.
So far the PT's reason for being here is more than satisfactory.
Bill

Last edited:
   / Hours on your PT - Who has the most #15  
Here is an old thread i came across and thought it would be interesting to post my hours. I might have more than anyone else :eek: but she is still running strong at 1909hrs:cool2::dance1:. I am curious if anyone has more on a 425. It is the Kohler motor and I have run the same motor in exmark zero turn mowers up to 3000hrs. i am less concerned about the motor than the pumps.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most
Here is an old thread i came across and thought it would be interesting to post my hours. I might have more than anyone else :eek: but she is still running strong at 1909hrs:cool2::dance1:. I am curious if anyone has more on a 425. It is the Kohler motor and I have run the same motor in exmark zero turn mowers up to 3000hrs. i am less concerned about the motor than the pumps.

That's great! How about some comments from the Robin engine owners. I am just a little over 1000 on mine.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #17  
Old thread indeed....Looks like you'll be turning over 2k soon Bob. I'm almost to 700 on my 422 w/Robin. Running Castrol synthetic ever since the 1st oil change. Use is probably 65% mowing and the rest loader type activity. As soon as I have enough containers I plan to change out the hydraulic tank's oil but still undecided on the new fluid.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #18  
   / Hours on your PT - Who has the most #19  
I have less than 500 on my 2001 model PT425 with the Kohler engine.

I average a lot less now that we are in a drought. I have only put a few hours on it since January 1st! No snow this winter and no rain for the lawn until last week. I've only mowed my lawn 4 times this year.

I usually average about 40-50 hours per year between the lawn, snow plowing and firewood logging. So, in normal years, I'd average 1 hour per week. Which is what I wanted to cut my chore time down to when I bought the thing to replace our little lawn tractor and huge front end loader. Mission accomplished!!! :cool2:

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most
My PT 422 was built in 2000. That is about 83 hours a year. My use has dropped with most of the early house years done. I mow about 1.5 acres of grass and do all the little other things. It gets about 10 hours a year at Church mowing and bucket work. I used Mobil 1 10w30 in the engine and Mobil 1 15w50 in the hydraulics. The Robin engine still runs well, actually better than it used to and uses just a little oil.