Hours on your PT - Who has the most

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #31  
almost have 3 hrs. on my brand NEW 422. More than happy with it, but I can't find the darn operating manual.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #32  
dc53 welcome to the forum, hope you get a lot of hours of work out of your pt and enjoy it to the fullest.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #33  
almost have 3 hrs. on my brand NEW 422. More than happy with it, but I can't find the darn operating manual.

You can find the manual in with the spare parts kit.

:confused3:

:laughing:

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most

I never had an operating manual. A little maintenance manual, yes. Did you ever see one?

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #35  
You just typed your message in your repair manual. No better place to get help outside the factory which is fabulous.

BTW, you do not own a tractor until you post pictures of it.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #37  
I have 126 hours on my two year old 425. Non commercial use. I have blown out an oil seal on the right front White wheel motor at 105 hours and have just received back my re-built Italian main drive piston pump from Terry at Power Trac. It broke the swash plate which reverses the flow from forward to reverse at 126 hours. That translates to about 3 weeks of work for a normal working machine. I have designed and installed many load sensing hydraulic piston pump systems so I am very familiar with all of the components used in these PT machines. We normally get thousands of trouble free hours on our systems. It is a little dissapointing to have this type of failure at such low hours. Fortunately I have all the guages and flow meters I can plug into the PT to troubleshoot and test the systems or it would be even more expensive. Terry has been very helpfull but says that their suppliers could care less about low hour failures and offer no help or consideration ever. There are numerous pressure relief valves built in so its pretty hard to damage the hydraulic internals. I have changed filters religiously and treated my machine with respect and clean my quick disconnects when changing implements which few people do. I am not happy.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #38  
about 800 hours on my 1430

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #39  
I have 1350 hrs on my 03 422 PT. Same engine and the tractor is running as good or better that the day I bought it. Synthetic oil and I most times only change every 120 hrs. I generally go by what the oil looks and feels like rather than the hrs. I don't like to use my pt for mowing because I feel like that is the hardest thing on the PT you can do. I have a mower and save my PT for more specialized things. Although I do use a side mower for my ponds. I have replaced 1 coil on the motor. Replaced the voltage regulator. One wheel motor which only broke because of reversed wheels and total abuse. I did have to redesign the roll over pivot rod and pipe with a larger one. and have done various welding on the frame. No big deal. Replaced a few maybe 3 hoses. All and all it’s been a very dependable machine and would never want to be without it.

/ Hours on your PT - Who has the most #40  
03 Model 425. 2400 hrs. Fixin to go to motor #3 (or might just get a new PT), numerous cooling fans, all hoses changed couple times, lift arms 3rd set, all cables several times, 3 treadles, and all contraptions that go with it, 2 sets of wheel motors. Actually I believe the only original part is the tub on mine. I have changed just about everything at least once. I will probably buy another one even though Power Tracs are a "love to hate em" kind of machine...at least for us as they are always either broke or working. They never sit idle for us.