Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

Default Wheel Motors

I wondered if anyone had a list of what type of motors each tractor has.. Also, I see that people in the group feel upgrading motors is quite expensive, but when I look at some websites for motors to create a PTO they are only $150 to $200. I know I am missing something here...

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    AC HB112, Simplicity 7018, JD 2320, Troy-Bilt GT1600, Jacobson UV-4, TwisterBunch of old worn out Case's

Default Re: Wheel Motors

You are not pricing hydraulic wheel motors. Check Surplus Center, they have a wheel motor listed @ $550.00.

J_J
    Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Wheel Motors

Quote Originally Posted by 2deeskip
    You are not pricing hydraulic wheel motors. Check Surplus Center, they have a wheel motor listed @ $550.00.

It depends on the cu in displacement. If you upgrade the hydraulic motors, they should all be the same size and same manufacture. Up to 17 cu in, they are around $350. Above that , they go up to $700. If you get them from PT, they are expensive. Also check the taper on the shafts, you might need new hubs to match the motors.
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.