Bro-Tek Thumb

/ Bro-Tek Thumb #31  
FYI,

Though not a removable Bro-Tek, here's some pics of the weld-on thumb I put on mine. I paid about $230 (including shipping) on eBay. It's for a skidsteer, and was a bit long, so we eventually cut about 4" -5" off it. I leave it on all the time, and pinned up out of the way. It comes in handy to grip things against, even when it is pinned up. Once you adjust to it being on there (i.e. hold the dipper stick up a bit higher at times), it doesn't really get in the way at all.

Thumbing It - a photoset on Flickr

Here's an eBay listing for them:

eBay: THUMB / SKID STEER / EXCAVATOR / BOBCAT / 16-05 (item 200096390290 end time Apr-10-07 07:25:00 PDT)

/ Bro-Tek Thumb #32  
I've been using the thumb to set stones on the retaining wall, it really help from dislodging the previous course and a must have when working by yourself!

575139_4583376561277_2145163129_n.jpg

/ Bro-Tek Thumb #33  
Have you considered the utility grapple as an alternative. Note, I am not referring to the grapple bucket. I purchased both the thumb for the mini-hoe and the utility grapple. I have never used the thumb since the UG handles all the jobs mentioned in the thread much better than the thumb-hoe combination. It is the most useful tool I own when I am not mowing. See both in action photos from the PT web site:
NEW

/ Bro-Tek Thumb
I like my Bro-Tek but was considering a utility grapple. Thanks for the review.