/ new mod. #2  
johara1 said:
changed out for more powerfull wheel motors,almost a bolt on,it's a bear

OK--this needs more info:mad: :) ;)
Part numbers old and new (as available, of course):confused:
Any costs that you will share.
Pictures, ALWAYS pictures!:D :p
Any other mods required?
Thanks James--I know many people have considered this. I have a 2422 with a 25HP Robin replacement, but I don't think the wheel motors were changed, so this is of great interest to me.
Bill

/ new mod.
ok,the old 422 and 425 had danfoss wheel motors(check the tag,or washer)replaced them with char-lynn.do a search for eaton wheel motors find the "s"series,these are a better motor and have a good load rating..........i'm making this to easy jim

/ new mod. #4  
I agree! we need more info.

How does it feel (in seat of pants) in comparison to the original motors?

Since we do not know the Specs of the original Motors, how do they compare?

/ new mod.
it's very simple to get the specs.,get the tag it's like a washer found on the case drain fitting,it will be painted black.the info. is under the paint,clean it off (take care not remove the numbers under the paint they use)
that will give you the info. you need to cross reference it.go on eatons web site,go to char-lynn "s" series all you need to know is there.
the hub fit everthing fit, the only problem was the square hole in the body was too small for the larger char-lynn motor. i opened it up with a 4 1/2"grinder and some.045 cut off wheels.be carefull not cut something you don't want cut.also mark the hose in front so they go back on in the same position and connect the case drains.i ran it for a half an hour at 30% to break them and check for leaks.
seat of the pants.............wow....... nuff said jim

/ new mod. #6  
Sounds like you must notice some difference in performance. I may have to drop by one of these days to check it out, I'll pm or call you.

/ new mod.
Ernie,come on down.........take a ride......jim

/ new mod. #8  
Some more info -- part numbers, cu in of the new motors, cost, etc, -- would certainly be helpful...

/ new mod.
part numbers?thatwould depend how much torque you want, do what i told you.first find out what motors you have.do they have a case drain? let me know then we can go from there....jim

/ new mod. #10  
Not all hydraulic motors will have a case drain. Just depends on the manufacturer. If your new motor does not have a case drain, put a plug or cap in place of the hose that was there..