Grading OH, And how big of a box blade

/ OH, And how big of a box blade #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I am thinking this 1850 can handle a 72" box easily. Anyone have any comments on that? PT says only 60 but after seeing the HP to weight issue, a 72" would make sense...

/ OH, And how big of a box blade #2  
They don't have the low end torque of a conventional tractor. Just my opinion.

/ OH, And how big of a box blade #3  
woodlandfarms said:
I am thinking this 1850 can handle a 72" box easily. Anyone have any comments on that? PT says only 60 but after seeing the HP to weight issue, a 72" would make sense...

The 6 footer I have on my 1845 has proven to be just the right size. You should be able to pull a 7 footer just fine with an 1850.

With a box blade I've found that heavy is good and I seem to recall that the PT box blades are a little on the light side. I bought a Bush Hog SBX720 ($549.00 at the time) for my 1845 that has worked out well except that at 550 pounds it's a bit light for ripping my hardpacked gravel driveways and for ripping up hardpan. I tossed an old 200 pound lumber wagon axle on top and that helps a lot but it could still use a bit more weight for ripping. For grading it's plenty heavy enough.

Sedgewood

Attachments

• p7290231sbx720level.jpg
    p7290231sbx720level.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 180
   / OH, And how big of a box blade
Thanks Sedgewood.

I will look around to find a beefy blade. My only concern is pushing it and making sure the supports are strong enough... I know for the most part it will be in pull mode. Initially I have a 3pt adaper with a modification on it that will allow a tilt.... Lets see if that pays off handsomely or was a big waste of time...

/ OH, And how big of a box blade #5  
This is what I'm going to do. I already have a 3pt hitch adaptor, then the BB can go on either the PT or John Deere.