My new box blade, and a good use for the forks.

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #1  

AltavistaLawn

Silver Member
I bought a 3pt hitch 6' box blade Saturday. So far its my favorite attachment, I can use it with my 3 pt hitch adaptor.
It is so easy to drop it in float and gently tilt the box to dig or drop the dirt.

These pics are from a job site where we had to repair the grounds where heavy equip. tore it up. it was really compacted. I leveled it, tilled it , then box bladed it again to get the debris cleaned up; very little hand work was required.

At half throtle, the PT doesn't even know its there.

Attachments

• IM002163.JPG
    IM002163.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 393
   / My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #2  
That is real nice to know - thanks for posting it. I bought a 3 pt adapter partially so I could use my existing 6' box blade but I was concerned as to whether the PT could handle it.

Ken

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks.
ksimolo said:
That is real nice to know - thanks for posting it. I bought a 3 pt adapter partially so I could use my existing 6' box blade but I was concerned as to whether the PT could handle it.

Ken

The gound was really hard here too. It was compacted where the pipe line was buried, and dump trucks had driven over this area for access. I was actually able to "harvest" topsoil from where the old grass was, drag it onto the excavated area, and retill it.

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #4  
ksimolo said:

Ken

Does PT sell the 3pt adaptor? Any chance of getting a close up pic?

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #5  
RegL said:
Does PT sell the 3pt adaptor? Any chance of getting a close up pic?

I don't think so. Ken and I got ours from Lackender Fabriction (along with a lot of other stuff). Ken (ksimolo) allready has received his. Mine is now getting picked up tomorrow and should be to me by next thursday...

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #6  
woodlandfarms said:
I don't think so. Ken and I got ours from Lackender Fabriction (along with a lot of other stuff). Ken (ksimolo) allready has received his. Mine is now getting picked up tomorrow and should be to me by next thursday...

Is there an advantage getting the lackender over a pt quick attach from TSC for less than $300.? I assume you have to get PT's receiver plate welded to either one.

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #7  
I thought PT no longer made 3 pt adapters. I am pretty sure that is what they told me. That is why I went to Lackender's. He has a few adapter plates for the PT. If not for your model, then you would have to send him one.

Ken

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #8  
RegL said:
Is there an advantage getting the lackender over a pt quick attach from TSC for less than $300.? I assume you have to get PT's receiver plate welded to either one.

Sorry, I meant the 3pt quick attach adaptor sold by Tractor supply. The price is about $270.

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #9  
Lackender's price usually includes the attachment plate already welded to the 3 pt. I can not swear to this but i believe he has attachment plates for 425, 1430, 1845, and 1850. The big advantage to his 3 pt adapter is that the width of the lower pin connections is adjustable. Many of the quick attach setups have a fixed width while some implements have non-standard widths. The negative of Lackender's is that it is not a 3 pt quick hitch but a standard 3 pt hitch with a PT quick attach plate. What I am trying to say is that you do not need to get off your tractor when switching between a pt implement and a 3 pt implement already attached to the adapter but you do have to get off the tractor if you are going between two different pieces of 3 pt equipment.

Ken

/ My new box blade, and a good use for the forks. #10  
Thanks guys. I ordered the 3pt adaptor yesterday. Kind of expensive with shipping but I should be able to save it back by being able to buy some cheap 3pt attachments locally. I think the web site said it had a receiver hitch built in. That will be handy also. Now for that PT to skid steer adaptor, lol.