Switch connections

/ Switch connections #1  

BAGTIC

Silver Member
I have to replace the switch on my PT425.

When I removed the access plate I saw that there was a loose wire (blue) and one empty lug on the switch, the one on the side. I can not figure out if the wire has vibrated loose or was left disconnected from the factory. It APPEARS to have never been connected but...?

When the switch failed it damaged my starter. I have been trying a month to get a replacement starter under warranty but no luck so far. My warranty expires in six weeks so I hope something happens soon.

/ Switch connections #2  
BAGTIC said:
I have to replace the switch on my PT425.

When I removed the access plate I saw that there was a loose wire (blue) and one empty lug on the switch, the one on the side. I can not figure out if the wire has vibrated loose or was left disconnected from the factory. It APPEARS to have never been connected but...?

When the switch failed it damaged my starter. I have been trying a month to get a replacement starter under warranty but no luck so far. My warranty expires in six weeks so I hope something happens soon.
I just checked the wiring diagram for my 1845. The blue wire from the wiring bundle is shown as going to the oil pressure guage.

Have you checked the wiring diagram for your 425? Does it show a blue wire? If not perhaps Tazwell uses the same large cable on all machines and just leaves extra wires unconnected if they are not used on a particular model.