Rear Hitch and Tie Down Hooks

/ Rear Hitch and Tie Down Hooks #1  

SpringHollow

Elite Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1850, NH 2120
I bought a Stearns® Mad Dog® / IPI 3-way Receiver Hitch (www. sportsmansguide.com Product: E715A-119917, $18) and bolted it on the lower hitch ring on my PT 1850. Tightened it with a cheater bar on my large socket set and it has not budged even after about 10 extremely bouncy rides with a trailer heavily loaded with fire wood. This hitch has a 2" receiver (and the included bar (not sure what the correct term is) has a hole for a ball and a hole for a hitch pin) and a ring for pulling, etc. I had bought a 2" hitch bar that I was going to drill and pin on but this has worked real well so far and was quick.

My trailer has a pin hitch and so I am using the quick hitch pin shown in the first picture with short 3/4" black iron nipple as a spacer to keep the trailer hitch from sliding up and down the pin.

Also in the first picture you can see the clevis hooks that I asked Terry at PT to weld on. They were intended to be used as tie downs when trailering but I ended up using them last night to pull a car out of a ditch. Even though the car was buried in mud past the bumper and I was pulling uphill, the 1850 acted like the car was not even there. This really surprised me especially after I noticed I still had the tractor at a low idle. I had expected the tires to spin.

The second picture shows the clevis hooks that are welded on the front.

Ken

Attachments

• Rear Hitch and Hooks_2566.jpg
    Rear Hitch and Hooks_2566.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 334
  • Front Hooks_2572.jpg
    Front Hooks_2572.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 278