Members home made attachments / improvements

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #252  
Nice job. How about a few more close ups of the details. I am sure others will want to copy it.

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #253  
OK, two more pictures.

Basically the design is two square tubes welded onto an attachment plate. Cross members provide a rigid frame and are lined up with rungs to attach with u-bolts. There are also size dogs made out of bent angle iron to provide support under the ladder rungs when it transitions from the hanging state (carried by u-bolts) to the upright state.

The guy who did the welding suggested the stuts and the flat bars going forward/backward to increase the rigidity and take tension off of the leading weld on the attachment plate. I can say this was a great idea given how much flex those long ladders have anyway! Lots of bounce when driving it around...

I can leave the carrier attached when the ladder is in use, and can detach the whole thing without undoing the u-bolts. The only trick is that the ladder has to be at least about 30 degrees up at one end to detach/attach, as the PT loader cannot curl its attachment plate forward past horizontal/down.

Attachments

• 100_1126.jpg
    100_1126.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 501
  • 100_1127.jpg
    100_1127.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 457
   / Members home made attachments / improvements #255  
The ladder carrier attachment is the most innovative attachment I've seen in a while. Kent, you should copyright and patent your design. I think a lot of contractors and skid steer attachment makers would be interested. Great work!

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #256  
The ladder carrier attachment is the most innovative attachment I've seen in a while. Kent, you should copyright and patent your design. I think a lot of contractors and skid steer attachment makers would be interested. Great work!
Someone may have beat you to it.

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #257  
Someone may have beat you to it.

That is pretty cool, but not $594 cool. :eek:

Plus, I suspect you would lose some stability when you chucked it up in the PT 2" receiver.

I strongly considered fabbing something like that when I was cleaning my gutters at the top of a 24' ladder last fall. Instead, I just made a 15' PVC wand that attaches to my leaf blower, and finished the job from the ground.

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #259  
Also neat.

Did you notice how the latter was swaying when the guy was using the chain saw in the video? You'll not find me doing that!

Agree though they could have put on a couple of simple lateral stabilizers to correct that problem.

/ Members home made attachments / improvements #260  
That is pretty cool, but not $594 cool. :eek:

Yes but about $100 max in supplies and a welder and cut off saw and you could make one to that design. I can see that it would be handy for someone with a small business and occasional need as a way of avoiding the expense of a true manlift.