Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627
    Tractor
    Former owner of a Power Trac -180 / Kubota BX-1500 with front end loader... Both were tough little machines Now a Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 Garden tractor / Cub Cadet 108

Default Re: Members home made attachments / improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    OK, two more pictures.

Basically the design is two square tubes welded onto an attachment plate. Cross members provide a rigid frame and are lined up with rungs to attach with u-bolts. There are also size dogs made out of bent angle iron to provide support under the ladder rungs when it transitions from the hanging state (carried by u-bolts) to the upright state.

The guy who did the welding suggested the stuts and the flat bars going forward/backward to increase the rigidity and take tension off of the leading weld on the attachment plate. I can say this was a great idea given how much flex those long ladders have anyway! Lots of bounce when driving it around...

I can leave the carrier attached when the ladder is in use, and can detach the whole thing without undoing the u-bolts. The only trick is that the ladder has to be at least about 30 degrees up at one end to detach/attach, as the PT loader cannot curl its attachment plate forward past horizontal/down.
    Very innovative Kent I like it..
    Barry
    __________________________________________________ _____

Tractor
    Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_CT

That is pretty cool, but not $594 cool.

Plus, I suspect you would lose some stability when you chucked it up in the PT 2" receiver.

I strongly considered fabbing something like that when I was cleaning my gutters at the top of a 24' ladder last fall. Instead, I just made a 15' PVC wand that attaches to my leaf blower, and finished the job from the ground.
    Lets see that wand and how you attached it to your blower
    Scott

Tractor

-image-jpg-image-jpg My counterweight and brush forks. I use the forks probably 90% of the time, they are light enough I can pick them up with one hand and the abuse they take really surprised me. So far I've only bent the tines a little but that was using them as a pry bar with the loader to free up some frozen logs.

Tractor
    Former owner of a Power Trac -180 / Kubota BX-1500 with front end loader... Both were tough little machines Now a Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 Garden tractor / Cub Cadet 108

See my old thread is still here as well.. May have to get another one of these little Pt monsters soon.
    Barry
    __________________________________________________ _____

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627