Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627
    Tractor
    Former owner of a Power Trac -180 / Kubota BX-1500 with front end loader... Both were tough little machines Now a Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 Garden tractor / Cub Cadet 108

Default Re: Members home made attachments / improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    OK, two more pictures.

Basically the design is two square tubes welded onto an attachment plate. Cross members provide a rigid frame and are lined up with rungs to attach with u-bolts. There are also size dogs made out of bent angle iron to provide support under the ladder rungs when it transitions from the hanging state (carried by u-bolts) to the upright state.

The guy who did the welding suggested the stuts and the flat bars going forward/backward to increase the rigidity and take tension off of the leading weld on the attachment plate. I can say this was a great idea given how much flex those long ladders have anyway! Lots of bounce when driving it around...

I can leave the carrier attached when the ladder is in use, and can detach the whole thing without undoing the u-bolts. The only trick is that the ladder has to be at least about 30 degrees up at one end to detach/attach, as the PT loader cannot curl its attachment plate forward past horizontal/down.
    Very innovative Kent I like it..
    Barry / 1968 John Deere 140 H-1
    __________________________________________________ _____

Tractor
    Power Trac 425, C-121 Wheel Horse, 2 Exmark 60 inch zero turn mowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_in_CT

That is pretty cool, but not $594 cool.

Plus, I suspect you would lose some stability when you chucked it up in the PT 2" receiver.

I strongly considered fabbing something like that when I was cleaning my gutters at the top of a 24' ladder last fall. Instead, I just made a 15' PVC wand that attaches to my leaf blower, and finished the job from the ground.
    Lets see that wand and how you attached it to your blower
    Scott

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627