Ford 1900 Power Steering

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering #1  

HogSlayer6

Tractor
Case 930, Ford 1900 and 8N
This is going to sound kind of silly but, I have a Ford 1900 4WD w/FEL and ever since I bought it I haven't had power steering. The seller didn't say and I didn't ask, (rookie move, this ain't my first tractor). Anyway, the other day I was talking to a gentleman and he said that the 1900 has power steering. My tractor is at my farm about 260 miles from where I work so I can't just look and see if it has a PS slave under the coweling. I know there isn't one external to the coweling/hood area. I don't have the manual of course. Can anyone tell me if the 1900 4WD has/had PS?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
HogSlayer6

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering #2  
Power steering was optional according to data I can find.

Soundguy

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering #3  
An option as Soundguy said. Many,Many more without than those with.

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering
dullpain said:
An option as Soundguy said. Many,Many more without than those with.

Any idea on the cost to put a PS unit on the thing or is there such a thing as an after-market unit for the Ford 1900 series?

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering #5  
Hog, I have a model 1910 which is the model directly after yours. It has power steering, but it is a very poor design. While it is better than NO power steering, it is a far cry from what I would call real power steering. Sorry I can't help on the conversion on yours, you might want to find someone parting out a 1900 and take a look at it to see what you would have to change.

Good Luck!
Bill

/ Ford 1900 Power Steering #6  
I've seen aftermarket kits.. but they can be up to 2000$ depending on what all you need.

soundguy