BX24 small issues

/ BX24 small issues #1  

dieselmadman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 Kubota BX24
Have only logged about 10 hours since new. Generally happy with the machine but a couple of little things are getting annoying. First, while using the backhoe one of my boom control sticks went dead. Just flopping around. Took off the surrounding metal shrouds and it turns out a cotter pin must have come off one of the clevis pins connecting the backhoe controls to the hydrolic pistons. Of course, clevis pin was missing too. So as not to stop working for too long, I rigged up a small screw and nut to hold it together and had to order the connector pin and cotter pin (of course, I ordered a few extras).

Not long after I notice a hydrolic leak while using the backhoe. Same problem area, one of the 5 (?) brass nuts connecting the hydrolic hose worked its way loose. Since I had no wrenches that could possibly fit on there since the other nuts next to it are so **** close, I had to use needle nose and tighten it as best I could. So far so good. Anybody know if you can buy fitted wrenches to tighten these things?

Anyway, looks like I need to do some welding because my Wallenstein Thumb keeps climbing, even when I aint even using it. Haven't broken any fittings yet, but only a matter of time. Have to get those stop pieces welded asap. Anyway, just thought I'd pass along these little ditties.

/ BX24 small issues #2  
MY bx24 has had bunches of hydraulic leaks where the fittings were not tightened enough. Your backhoe linkage might fall into the same bucket of bad luck as the fittings, but it seems Kubota has some minor assembly line torque issues.

I don't know of any special wrenches that would work on the BH fittings. The only thing I can recomend (not having actually looked at the setup) would be that you would have to take the other hose off until you got to the "middle". From there tighten each one working your way out (similar to how the factory would do it)

Good luck

/ BX24 small issues #3  
I'm not sure, but I think the BX's ship in crates, then your dealer puts them together.

/ BX24 small issues #4  
yeah they are in crates but assembled into units. dealer only partly assembles hem. BUT they are ment to do a full pressure check and op check (that would be the pd thing they keep talking about when you buy a machine). time equals money so they can get a bit slack. in saying that i have missed a few things like that in my time, being human and all. i hope you didn't pay for the pin. go see the dealer and they should come to the party with one.

/ BX24 small issues #5  
Singlecoil said:
I'm not sure, but I think the BX's ship in crates, then your dealer puts them together.
They are, and things like hoes and FEL's are assembled by the dealer.

These problems are most all a result of poor preservice work by the dealer, period.