DK45S Won't Start

/ DK45S Won't Start #1  

Kiotidog

Tractor
Kioti DK45
Hi all, I think this is my first time posting. I have been lurking around for a few years, but I haven't had many problems with either my first DK40 on my current DK45S.
My DK45 starts hard sometimes when I try to start it. I haven't been using it very much this summer so it might sit for a couple of weeks or so. When it doesn't want to start I have just been going through the process with the preheating cycle. I go through it a couple of times sometimes before it will start. I know I shouldn't have to be doing that here in New Hampshire in August, but that seems to get it going for me.
Today she started on the first try(I had used it yesterday and she started hard) and I ran it for about five minutes before shutting her off. when I next tried to start her, about 5 minutes later, it wouldn't start. It turns over fine but there is no sign of ignition. I had been thinking that my starting problem was being caused by not running her for a long time and that somehow air was getting into the fuel system.
I tried to bleed any air out of the filter and line but still no luck. Then I thought that I could change the fuel filter because I hadn't done that at my 100 hr service. ( I now have 130 hrs) Still no go. I am not sure if I am bleeding the system correctly. I opened the knob/valve on the bottom of the filter until fuel came out. Then I opened the bleeder valve on top of the filter holder and pushed the pump until fuel came out of the bleeder valve. The manual leaves a bit to be desired on the proper procedure so I am uncertain if I am doing it correctly.
Back to my original problem of not starting. I don't know if it is fuel related or not. Tomorrow I will call my dealer and arrange for service if he can't guide me over the telephone. I though that I would ask here if anybody else knows what might be going on.
My Kioti is a 2006 with a factory cab and a kioti 8' backhoe.

/ DK45S Won't Start #2  
how old? how many hours?
Sounds like a fuel supply problem, checked the fuel filter lately?

/ DK45S Won't Start #3  
K-dog,I have had problems from time to time when my stuff is not used for awhile.
Usually it's a result of critters ie mice,bees getting into air cleaners and other places where they're not supposed to be.
They can do a real nice job choking things off.......Mike.

/ DK45S Won't Start
My tractor has 130 hours on it. The fuel tank is full and I did change the filter yesterday. I will call the dealer in a little bit to get his advice on the matter. It seems odd that it was running fine five minutes before this happened. I think that I must be overlooking something very simple. I will let you know how I make out today.

Thanks,
John

/ DK45S Won't Start #5  
When you turn the key on to heat the glow plugs, Do you hear a click noise?
There is a fuel shut off solenoid that many not be working.
Also I had a 45 that had a bad reley that would not allow it to start.

/ DK45S Won't Start
The solenoid clicks when I turn the key on. I had my brother check things out and he found that there was no fuel coming out of the injector pump. There is fuel up to that point, but there it stops. The electronic fuel shut off seems to be working all right also.
I have contacted my dealer and he thinks that the pump is gone. We have to schedule a pickup so that he can replace the pump. Thank goodness for the warranty.
I will let you know how things turn out. Thanks for the advice.

John