Extra Toolbox location

/ Extra Toolbox location #1  

unaka

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson 243, 2002 Model, 4wd, FEL
I'm looking to put an extra toolbox on my MF243 to keep a chain, and maybe some extra chain hooks. Most Massey Ferguson tractors come with a small toolbox mounted on the right side of the hood, but it is really too small to hold more than a small hammer, and some extra hitch pins. Any MF owners out there that have mounted an extra toolbox? If so, where did you put it? There doesn't seem to be many mounting places, and the roll bar is not set up to mount a toolbox, as I've seen many Kubota owners do.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Unaka

/ Extra Toolbox location #2  
You can always rig a tool box to hook to the front of the tractor where your front weights would go, similar to a rock box with a lid. I have been thinking of building one sometime and the chains will only help with weight up front. You should have enough room for the box even with your loader on and if you build it right you can have it act as a bumper as well.

/ Extra Toolbox location
Robert,

I've had the same thought, and even taken measurements. The toolbox would have to be about 5x15 to fit inside the bumper, right over the hitch pin hole. I take it that you're talking about mounting one that would be attached to the bumper, but hang off the front of it, like front weights. I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to think on this and draw a little, as I would want it to be easily removable. I might be able to mount some brackets that would hold a toolbox in place, yet make it easy to remove.

When I get started, I'll post some photos.

Thanks for your reply

Unaka

/ Extra Toolbox location #4  
Unaka,

I noticed that <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorsmart.com>http://www.tractorsmart.com</A> has steel toolboxes for sale.
There are a few sizes quite close to what you describe needing. One even looks like MF red too. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Kinda pricey though.

Click on Toys, Caps, and Gifts to see 'em.

DFB

/ Extra Toolbox location
DFB,

Thanks for the tip. I looked and there is one that measures, 15 x 3.5 x 3.5, which would fit right inside the bumper. It's $33.00 which is a little pricey, but considering time and effort constructing one on my own, may not be too bad of a deal. I've attached a picture for those interested.

Unaka

Attachments

• 41-117552-tool_box4_small.jpg
    41-117552-tool_box4_small.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 355