Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #1  

kidkioti

Bronze Member
Dear Kioti Friends - Purchased a CK 25 back in June of this year. Due its 50 hr servicing. Need to change the transmission & hydraulic oil & replace filter. I've found The owner's manual is of little help in this area as it shows 3 drain plugs and the oil filler plug is not labeled where it should be??:mad:

I found 2 drain plugs - Which I believe to be 1 for hydraulic and 1 for transmission. One (1) oil filler plug which I believe is for both hydraulic & transmission???:confused:

Any assistance with the procedure would be appreciated very much! kidkioti

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #2  
Is it a CK25HST, that is, with automatic transmission, or does it have a manual transmission?

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid
It's the Manual Type. Thank you! kidkioti

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #4  
gear drive or shuttle shift ck models only have 2 drain plugs I believe. They are both the large ones painted orange under the machine. Have some BIG catch cans and pull them. Pull the filter too. let all oil drain. Clean off magnets on drain plugs. Install new filter and drain plugs and fill with oil. Yes there is only one fill, it is the same oil for hydraulic and transmission.

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid
Re: Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid
gear drive or shuttle shift ck models only have 2 drain plugs I believe. They are both the large ones painted orange under the machine. Have some BIG catch cans and pull them. Pull the filter too. let all oil drain. Clean off magnets on drain plugs. Install new filter and drain plugs and fill with oil. Yes there is only one fill, it is the same oil for hydraulic and transmission.

NY Kioti Sales - Joe....Thanks for the tip. Finished up the 50 hrs Service. Yes, you're exactly right about the plugs and the large amount of fluid. Certainly not an Oil shortage with the Kioti. Replaced filters, Oil, Greased an adj Clutch. Even if it didn't need it - I did it anyway:) . Thank you very much!

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #6  
I should probably do the same on mine. Anyone care to comment on the CK30 HST changing of transmission and hydraulic fluid.
Thanks
tierbb

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #7  
You will find a lot of metal chunks in the oil when you change it,
as I did for my CK30HST. To remove as much fluid as possible,
retract all loader cylinders and find all drain plugs. Chg both HST
and hydraulic filters. Drain the hyd fluid from the front diff/axle and
put gear oil in there (lots of it). Use a name-brand tractor-hydraulic
fluid (Chevron, Shell, etc), not a straight hyd fluid.

My $.02.

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #8  
I'm surprised there are only two drains on the CK model:confused: ,as there are 5 on my LK3054xs TLB; transmission, front drive housing(where the front driveshaft exits the transmission), rear differential, and one each on the brake housings; the brake housings and front drive are lower than the differential and transmission drains

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #9  
Hello, I just joined this forum. I live outside city limits on 1.5 Ac--nothing big.
I purchased my Kioti LB 1914 in 2002 while I was building my home. I only have about 320 hrs-hence not used much.

I mostly used the finishing mower. However, I have used many a time to move loads of dirt around when I get some loads. Tractor has also been used for various other projects- does save my back many times. Have also used post hole digger on many occasions.

I change the oil every 50 hrs and have changed fuel fliter several times. The last several years, the summers are getting hotter. I live south of the Nasa complex in Houston. Only have received about 1in of rain since Feb. Been over 100 for about two weeks now.

However, I want to tackle the Hyrdraulic/transmission fluid. In reading the last thread in Oct 2007. I too have FIVE (5) drain plugs. Kioti manual also states the same. There is a picture in the manual but only FOUR are pointed out- they omitted the rear differential. I have come across several errors in the manual and hope this is another one. Does anyone have any comments?

Fluid Capacity is 25.4 qts ( 24 liters)- I have one 5gl bucket at this time. I guess there will be some left in the unit. I may install a new filter - although the manual states I can remove and clean--will wait and see.

Thanks Again.

/ Changing Transmission & Hydraulic Fluid #10  
That's interesting about the drain plugs as I found 4 on my CK 27. The two large ones you're talking about and one at the bottom of each brake housing.