Hydraulic Valve Problem

/ Hydraulic Valve Problem #1  

Steve777

Bronze Member
My Buck tractor came with what appears to be an after market front end loader. It had been working fine for many years but started acting up recently. It seemed to be a valve problem, moving with no action at the valve and not moving when there was. So I took apart the valve to see what was up.

Besides a bunch of sludge in the valve passages, the only problem was the positioning spring on one spool and some its HW were rusted through. None of the local hydraulic places were familiar with this valve. I put together a fix from HW store parts, but it is not a permanent fix, as that control does not have the same action as before the problem.

The valve has an AICO cast into the body. There's an IN and OUT port (so labeled in the casting) to the pump/resevoir, and control ports A, B, C and D. No other markings that I can see.

My question for the list is does anyone know what brand/model valve was used on Satoh front end loaders back in those days (80's)? And who might have parts for those valves, and a diagram of them (I had to guess where some of the spaces went as the assembly was too rusted when I got in there to see it in working order).

TIA

/ Hydraulic Valve Problem #2  
Most valves of that age don't have any parts available them. I'd recommend a new valve.

/ Hydraulic Valve Problem
Just to follow up.

After a bunch of research, I discovered that the hydraulic valve was made by Tisco. They had replacement parts and even new valves of the same type available.

With a cleaning, new o-rings and a new spring/centering kit things work as well as new.

Seems that Tisco valves were used on alot of after market FE loaders, so if you can't find parts for your valve, you might want to check them out.

/ Hydraulic Valve Problem #4  
good info but it would be nice to put up their web address. this would save on search time.hey man with a little research u saved the valve.good job.

/ Hydraulic Valve Problem #5  
Steve777 said:
Just to follow up.

After a bunch of research, I discovered that the hydraulic valve was made by Tisco. They had replacement parts and even new valves of the same type available.

With a cleaning, new o-rings and a new spring/centering kit things work as well as new.

Seems that Tisco valves were used on alot of after market FE loaders, so if you can't find parts for your valve, you might want to check them out.
TISCO is a parts house not a manufacturer.