To 4 in one bucket or not......

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #1  

BeeBop

Silver Member
Tractor
02 Kubota L-4610 HST w/4in1 bucket & R-4s
I am considering buying a new NH 45D w/a 4in1 bucket and quick attach plate. What are you guys experiences w/the 4in1 buckets, are they worth the extra $1800.00?

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #2  
BeeBop,

I just bought one for a JD4710 with the third function hoses for $1370 from my JD dealer. Do a search here in the Attachments forum for 4in1 bucket. There are numerous threads that will likely give you all the information you'll need. They appear to be highly versatile buckets that can do loader, boxblading, dozing, and grappling utility functions. For $1370 I figured I'd try it instead of buying or renting 3 or 4 different types of equipment. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #3  
4-in-1

Very much worth it! (search for "4-in-1") and <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=implement&Number=90577&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=4-in-1&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=allposts&Main=90313>my post</A>.

I think you are under-estimating the cost, though, as you also need the extra hydraulic circut up there and a thumb control on the joy stick to control the solenoid.

Oh - I would call it a 3-in-1, because the "boxblade" feature IMHO would only work on perfectly flat ground, of which I have none. But the other 3 are well worth it...

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #4  
<font color=blue>...For $1370 I figured I'd try it instead of buying or renting...</font color=blue>

Bob...

I'm not up on the retail prices... but from what I hear on the TBN board here... that sounds like a pretty sharp price...

So much so... I may need to order one... only one small problem I have... is my "wants" are constantly exceeding my "$$$"... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #5  
One thing that HARV pointed out that I did'nt realize was the extra weight of the 4in1, sometimes I need more power out of the FEL on my L3000. Does any of that literature say how much weight it adds?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ To 4 in one bucket or not...... #6  
John --

<font color=blue>I'm not up on the retail prices... but from what I hear on the TBN board here... that sounds like a pretty sharp price...</font color=blue>

Well, I've got no one to thank but you John for guiding me to a good salesman in Mark Brucker. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif This may not be the price if you walked in and just wanted to buy the 4in1 and nothing else. He might be a bit higher. But, this was all part of a $33K+ tractor package and maybe he thought he could cut his margins a bit more on some items than usual, give me a good deal, while making a reasonable profit for himself on the complete tractor package. His discounts were very good, approx. 16% off MSRP on average. Other dealers were much less. Gave me what I thought was good deal on the MX6, $1,800 vs. $2,100 for the highest priced dealer I priced out.

I did tell him you sent me. This must have spoken volumes as he immediately got down to serious negotiating business when I uttered your name. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob