Server or site problems.

/ Server or site problems. #1  

ToadHill

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac
Am I having problems with my server or is it problems with the site. I click on a topic when I go to the Since My Last Visit area, and it takes for ever to load today. I'm not having problems with other sites so I don't think it's a server problem. Am I the only one?

/ Server or site problems. #2  
Been here quite a bit today--had a day off--and encountered no problems. I also do the Since my Last Visit, and it has worked fine.
Regards, Mike

/ Server or site problems. #3  
ToadHill said:
Am I having problems with my server or is it problems with the site. I click on a topic when I go to the Since My Last Visit area, and it takes for ever to load today. I'm not having problems with other sites so I don't think it's a server problem. Am I the only one?
One way to determine if it is TBN servers or something else, is to look at the line of text at the bottom of each page. Load at the load time. If it shows a few seconds or up to 5 or 10 seconds, or longer, it may be our servers experiencing a problem. If it is very quick, like less than a second, the problem is likely with the overall Internet pipes, or your local provider.

Here is the number from loading this page just now:

"Page generated in 0.77432 seconds with 15 queries"

It appears on this morning, that your issues are most likely with your provider, and not the TBN servers. No one else has reported problems today.

Hope you get it worked out. :(

/ Server or site problems. #4  
I used to have a problem like that. Page seemed to take forever to load. It took longer than dial up. It turned out my computer had a lot of spyware that wasn't caught by the filters. I went to a couple of sites someone else posted here and got a spyware blaster program and CCleaner program that I run every day to keep the computer cleaned up. My data said this page was generated in .54712 seconds with 11 replies. Also make sure your antivirus and anti spam programs are up to date.

/ Server or site problems.
Well it's still slow today. When I click on the google site it loads right away. I went to send this message and this is what happened.

The top header of the page loaded right away. It then took 3o seconds for the body of the page to load. Then from the Post Reply message it took anouther 55 seconds to load.

The message at the bottom said it loaded in.27178 sec. with ii quries.

I left the site and went to my state DEC site ( a lot of graphics) It loaded up imediately. I checked for spyware and found none.

It is slower than dial up.

/ Server or site problems. #7  
Personally, I'm a computer dummy, so I have no idea what the problem could be, but it's running normal speed for me.

/ Server or site problems. #8  
Sorry, Paul, I can not help either. I am not having any TBN performance issues.

/ Server or site problems. #10  
Paul,

I'm afraid it's something that's outside of our control. It's clearly not a server issue as the pages themselves are generating in less than a second. So it's not bottle-necking there.

This is the nature of the Internet. The path your computer takes to get to our server is clearly not very efficient. I doubt that it's on our server's connection's end as that would reflect in other people would experience the problem. It might not be on your end, either. But it might be someplace in the middle.

There is very little I can do except ask you to go Start->Run->"cmd" then hit ok. When the DOS box pops up, type: tracert tractorbynet.com

Then paste in a reply what the results are.

-Ibrahim