Have implements, need tractor

/ Have implements, need tractor #1  

Rickstir

Silver Member
Hard by the Elk Fork of the Salt River, Missouri
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 4110
I have 80 acres about half open. I use a Jubilee but it has horsepower limitations. The tractor will be used primarily to mow 8 acres, 3 of it weekly; and tilling gardens and food plots. I have a Yanmar 58" gear driven tiller. I will also brush hog some (have a 5 ft. Howes) and a 9" / 12" post hole digger that is PTO not hydraulic as well as a box blade.
Love the Mahindras, looking at a 4110 but can I get by a little smaller?

/ Have implements, need tractor #2  
I use a 5' 3 pt. rotary mower on my 2615HST (26HP) without any problems. I don't see any reason why a 28-35HP tractor wouldn't work for you. Mahindra has several models in these HP ranges.

/ Have implements, need tractor #3  
George is right, a 2615, 2815, 3215, or a 3510 would handle your equipment. Let us know what you end up with.

/ Have implements, need tractor #4  
Rickstir said:
I have 80 acres about half open. I use a Jubilee but it has horsepower limitations. The tractor will be used primarily to mow 8 acres, 3 of it weekly; and tilling gardens and food plots. I have a Yanmar 58" gear driven tiller. I will also brush hog some (have a 5 ft. Howes) and a 9" / 12" post hole digger that is PTO not hydraulic as well as a box blade.
Love the Mahindras, looking at a 4110 but can I get by a little smaller?

Rickstir, just my opinion, but I would keep looking at the 4110, it is a great tractor and the minimum size I would use for your circumstances. Yes you could get by with a 3215, but why just get by with the bare minimum?;)

/ Have implements, need tractor #5  
I have a 2815HST and I mow 4 acres in the summer and its smaller size allows me to get into my outside building which ruled out a larger tractor. One question is how large are the gardens and food plots that you till? Do you have to transport the tractor and how do you get into the areas?

/ Have implements, need tractor #6  
Have you considered the 4530. Same size as the 4110, a little heavier and 8 gears vs. 12. Price is a bit better too. :D